Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a boat Wednesday, a 1977 Cole 5/8 runner bottom called Sudden Distance (less engine). The floors are near perect and look almost new. I can't find one stress crack anywhere. The painted stripes/graphics are shot. I'm installing a 440 Dodge into it now and hopefully I will have it running by the end of the day. Anyone know any history on this particular boat?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
Very cool . . . can you save the paint and call it patina?:p Seems a shame to change it up . . . Nice choice on the engine BTW, my son is putting a 426 Wedge in his Lavey, kind of fun to work on something different:)devil

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Put the injected motor we never heard whether you finished in her.

Looks like a cool find.

How heavy is she??

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Put the injected motor we never heard whether you finished in her.

Looks like a cool find.

How heavy is she??
The injected engine is for my jet boat (Gullwing). Honestly, I don't have the balls to put the injected engine in this boat. Probably way too much for me.

I'm guessing the weight to be around 550 - 600 lbs.. It's definately thinner than a friend's 700 lb. Hondo flat but definately not as thin as my 450 lb. Gullwing.

I didn't get it running yet. The engine is mounted, it's got compression and spark, but the carb was pissing everywhere and I don't have a spare.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Noiice Rodsky, My first jet had a 440, and my second car, I HEARD they make hemi heads for the 440 and 383's, I dunno. This was years ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts