Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about buying a lot and having a new house built. Anyone have any experience with Sunset homes up in Havasu? They have a nice floor plan RV garage home that I am in interested in and would appreciate any positive or negative comments about the build quality.....thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
Trust No One!

Even if the ROC loves the builder strange things happen in Havasu!
It most likely will take you 2 years to get any $ from the Registraur sooooooo Good luck! Your most likely dealing with desperate people. BTW I have no experience with the this builder. JUST COVER YOUR BUTT! Do not pay till its DONE right!!

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
Just Thinking

Thinking about buying a lot and having a new house built. Anyone have any experience with Sunset homes up in Havasu? They have a nice floor plan RV garage home that I am in interested in and would appreciate any positive or negative comments about the build quality.....thanks

With hundreds of homes here for sale and many new never lived in sitting waiting to be bought.I could not imagine thinking of new. Good Luck

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Check out Summit Homes also. They have dfferent floor plans to choose from. We bought a new build home from them and we are very happy with the house. They did a great job. Just a thought.

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With hundreds of homes here for sale and many new never lived in sitting waiting to be bought.I could not imagine thinking of new. Good Luck

We have looked at quite a few homes up there. Prices have come down but a lot of the bank owned homes are messed up and require quite a bit of repair work. The decent homes we looked at in our price range were in crappy area's. Figured building might be an alternative that way the wife can pick her colors, carpet, tile, etc....and no bitching when it's done. Just move in and everything is new.

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check out Summit Homes also. They have dfferent floor plans to choose from. We bought a new build home from them and we are very happy with the house. They did a great job. Just a thought.

I wanted to check them out but does not appear they have a website.

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Even if the ROC loves the builder strange things happen in Havasu!
It most likely will take you 2 years to get any $ from the Registraur sooooooo Good luck! Your most likely dealing with desperate people. BTW I have no experience with the this builder. JUST COVER YOUR BUTT! Do not pay till its DONE right!!

What money coming from the registrar are you referring to? I agree that paying nothing up front until it is done right is the best way to go.

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
What money coming from the registrar are you referring to? I agree that paying nothing up front until it is done right is the best way to go.
You probably get a construction loan right. The bank will make the progressive paymenets for you is what I heard.

·
I got nothing
2,037 Posts
You probably get a construction loan right. The bank will make the progressive paymenets for you is what I heard.
This is what happened when we built ours with Summit. You get a construction loan and the builder takes draws from the loan periodically as work is completed and passes inspection. The slab gets poured, contractor gets a payment, framing completed, contractor gets a payment, and so on...Final payment is not made until the certificate of occupancy is issued.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts

GOOD LUCK with getting a construction loan theses days. I agree with the above post. search and find a home that is done. It will be less money and WAY less hassel in the long run. even after you make some changes for your wife.

·
Premium Member
398 Posts
Marc, I have done both - built the first one and bought the second one as it was being finished. I would recommend you buy an existing property. There is plenty of inventory and I'm sure some people that are willing to deal. The build process can be a hassle even if you can get a construction loan. I'm sure that Michele will have great advice for you as will Debbie Oster at River Valley Mortgage. They can talk you through that process and give you the pros and cons.

If you decide to build, you might want to check out Summit and Bridgewater. Both quality builders imo. I'm not sure if Bridgewater is still building in town. I'm sure somebody here knows. Good luck!

·
The Pool Bitch
4,236 Posts
You have as good a chance finding an existing home with nice neighboring properties as you will finding a lot with nice neighboring properties. Take your time, and the right place will come up.

·
Member In Training
1,985 Posts

There is a real nice lot next to me for sale around the top of Kiowa and I have a Summit home that I really enjoy and liked using as a builder.

·
1,278 Posts
Great people..You can reach Jason Fowler at 928-716-7499 I'm sure he can show you his work...Tell him Carey sent ya....

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Marc, I have done both - built the first one and bought the second one as it was being finished. I would recommend you buy an existing property. There is plenty of inventory and I'm sure some people that are willing to deal. The build process can be a hassle even if you can get a construction loan. I'm sure that Michele will have great advice for you as will Debbie Oster at River Valley Mortgage. They can talk you through that process and give you the pros and cons.

If you decide to build, you might want to check out Summit and Bridgewater. Both quality builders imo. I'm not sure if Bridgewater is still building in town. I'm sure somebody here knows. Good luck!
Thanks Kurt, I have not given up on looking at existing houses up there just exploring another option and appreciate all the info people have to share on here. Cost wise, seems like we can do a build for less then an existing similar RV type house depending of course on the price of a lot. The lot prices have come down also and even some bank owned lots out there now as well.

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Great people..You can reach Jason Fowler at 928-716-7499 I'm sure he can show you his work...Tell him Carey sent ya....

Thanks Carey, I am going to go up there next week and hope to look at the models again. I will mention you also...appreciate the help...

1 - 20 of 40 Posts