Attachments

·
149 BGJ-Willis Power 540
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Willis, how come theres a hammer in all your pictures
March 18, 2012

Farmer John,

Good to see you at the races when I met you.

No particular reason, that day the wind was blowing and my garage faces that direction, was using it to hold down the towel on the table.

When I was making the brackets, the thickness of that mallet seems to be the right height for blocking up the supercharger and taking measurements, it just happened to be there when the pictures were captured.

·
FAT GUY IN A TPR STEALTH
1,828 Posts
March 18, 2012

Farmer John,

Good to see you at the races when I met you.

No particular reason, that day the wind was blowing and my garage faces that direction, was using it to hold down the towel on the table.

When I was making the brackets, the thickness of that mallet seems to be the right height for blocking up the supercharger and taking measurements, it just happened to be there when the pictures were captured.

·
149 BGJ-Willis Power 540
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big D :grin:
I thought we grew out out of this.

What’s going big man! Last time I saw you was at Tom’s shop when he was making your boat.

·
FAT GUY IN A TPR STEALTH
1,828 Posts
Big D :grin:
I thought we grew out out of this.

What’s going big man! Last time I saw you was at Tom’s shop when he was making your boat.

same old thing ... yur new set up looks promising ..how did it do on the DYNO ???

·
149 BGJ-Willis Power 540
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
same old thing ... yur new set up looks promising ..how did it do on the DYNO ???
Just finished the technical issues and looking for a Dyno date now.
Going to call Steve tomorrow and schedule the date.
Who knows, might even make the magazines’:)Unsure

·
FAT GUY IN A TPR STEALTH
1,828 Posts
Just finished the technical issues and looking for a Dyno date now.
Going to call Steve tomorrow and schedule the date.
Who knows, might even make the magazines’:)Unsure

johns been goofing off ... but has made a little progress with the new project ... jus a RIVER boat but should be fun .. hope all goes well ... remember the dyno is your friend ,
good luck .

D

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
johns been goofing off ... but has made a little progress with the new project ... jus a RIVER boat but should be fun .. hope all goes well ... remember the dyno is your friend ,
good luck .

D
couple questions. is this another vortec or something else?? is it smaller than willis/johnd's?? also curious why it's mounted so low; will that affect inlet airflow??? from what i can recall, don't these things like being up in the breeze???

·
Registered
879 Posts
couple questions. is this another vortec or something else?? is it smaller than willis/johnd's?? also curious why it's mounted so low; will that affect inlet airflow??? from what i can recall, don't these things like being up in the breeze???
Its mounted behind the pass seat, if it goes to the track the seat will come out and it will be unobstructed.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Love seeing all the blowthrough stuff coming out. There are a bunch of these being built across the country . I think we are going to see some interesting combinations come out in the near future.

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Love seeing all the blowthrough stuff coming out. There are a bunch of these being built across the country . I think we are going to see some interesting combonations come out in the near future.
If I had it 2 do all over again I would go this way !! The boost woud b a lot easyer 2 control at the launch

·
steelcomp was here
26,515 Posts
This is an all aluminum 540, reverse rot. F2, E85 deal I'm working on. I agree on the blow through deals. They have some serious potential. The centrifugal superchargers are super effecient.

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
This is an all aluminum 540, reverse rot. F2, E85 deal I'm working on. I agree on the blow through deals. They have some serious potential. The centrifugal superchargers are super effecient.

Does anyone know the parasitic loss one one of these deals at say 35-40 psi ??? & how much run time u could expect between services bearings ect. I'm thinkin a BAE with 2 F-2's or 3's on alc. :)st

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
Its mounted behind the pass seat, if it goes to the track the seat will come out and it will be unobstructed.
i'm sure that's true mike. but darrin said it's a river deal, so with the 2 seats in it, how much of an effect would there be mounting it where it is? just curious...

·
CANT RE MEMBER
1,159 Posts
Well bp, it's a the same size as in Johns but i wanted it down low and on the pass side to offset the drivers weight, low and behind the seat was to help long hair or a loose tit from getting sucked in there.
I am willing to give up a little horsepower for those reasons, like Mike said at the track or even trying to run hard at the river the seat is quickly removed as fast as taking out the ice chest, after all its just meant to be a river crusier

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Does anyone know the parasitic loss one one of these deals at say 35-40 psi ??? & how much run time u could expect between services bearings ect. I'm thinkin a BAE with 2 F-2's or 3's on alc. :)st
Turbos capable of same psi & more power would last longer than the engine & cost far less. Just Sayin.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts