Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Urban Cougar Trapper
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Could I move the relief valve to the discharge side of the strainer via a "T" fitting and run water to both intake ports of chiller ? Output PSI would still be dumped if it exceeded set point ? Or am I missing something on why it is on the chiller housing at the #8 port ? Can't see it in this photo but they are saying mount relief valve directly on housing then run overboard hose off of it

·
CANT RE MEMBER
1,159 Posts
I've ran the relief valve right at were the line comes through the transom and dumped the relief water overboard from there, also I only ran # 10 in, I don't feel you need # 12 on the inlet side... but then again that's just my experience and opinion...

·
Urban Cougar Trapper
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John , just figured it it was going in both sides it would be a more balanced flow across core and would run 2 # 10 lines in at intake sides , mine has 2 -10's in. , not a 12 & 8

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Not sure if this helps but when we ran a chiller on my last blower motor we used the relief water off the input line from the pump. That way it would only circulate under higher then idle rpm. It seemed to work great that way and we used #10 if I recall in and out.

·
Urban Cougar Trapper
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fonz that just regulates when the water hits the system that way ..But you should have still ran a relief / dump valve in the system to the chiller . If you over pressure the cores it can rupture and dump water straight into the intake , I'd hate to hydro lock the motor at WFO ;)

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Never had any problems with it. I think the 2 lines in and 2 lines out provided enough flow without the restriction by using #10s

1 - 6 of 6 Posts