Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts

Here you go Pat, basicly a threaded rod and the two black knobs are to tighten it. The bolt you see is where it pivots and the round tube it goes through is welded to the trailer frame. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Bump....

This is one of my winter projects and I'd like to see some pictures as well.....

Factory jobs, dyi jobs etc... just fishing for ideas and examples...

·
Loose Nut on the Wheel
426 Posts
Hallet,

Can you tell me the thickness of the box tubing that was made out of? Both the bracket and the both sides of the tounge. Thanks.

·
Registered
271 Posts
im just talkin about me personally. so im so dumb i split open my shin every time i walk around the dam thin. so i could see myself forgetin to fold it. all kiddin aside looks great.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
trailer

I prefer the slide deal 4x4x3/16 main tube 3 1/2 x 3/16 slide. Ya can slide it back for garage or enclosed trailer clearance & ya get the advantage with it extended for launching especally at c.f.w. I,ll see if i can get rino or hud to post pic,s we have built. Plus ya can pull it out for security. My 2 cents. Andy

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
I prefer the slide deal 4x4x3/16 main tube 3 1/2 x 3/16 slide. Ya can slide it back for garage or enclosed trailer clearance & ya get the advantage with it extended for launching especally at c.f.w. I,ll see if i can get rino or hud to post pic,s we have built. Plus ya can pull it out for security. My 2 cents. Andy
Matt told me about this. Would like to see some of your guys pics....I think it could be a better idea aswell.:)devil

·
Banne'd
2,568 Posts
I didn't have a swing away. What I did was cut the tongue off, about 14" back from the hitch. I put some square tubing in the hitch end and welded it to that piece. The OD of the incerted piece was the same size as the ID of the tongue. I used a 2' welding 12" inside the tongue. The other side slid into the trailer. I drilled a 1/2" hole through that piece and used a pin and key, just like the reciever on a pick up. Any one can carry a few bolts, swing your tongue back and drive away. Or the tongue has been bump and rips your garage door apart when you open it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts