Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the dyno running c16 and we got A/F tuned for that fuel...Im planning on switching fuels. What are the numbers or specs I need to look at to compare fuels? specific gravity? concerned about my jetting by switching fuels.

Looking at going from VP c16 to F&L 118.

Thanks for any help.

Chris

·
B.A.M aka "Black Azz Mike
2,925 Posts
Doesnt brian(Busby) know the answer to this? These are some good tech questions Chris:) I wouldnt mind learning about fuel as well.

Spitter

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts
CS,

Your fuel rep should be able to tell you. As you stated the biggest thing is sp. gra.,but also oxygen content (%).

The C-16 has a sp. grav. of .735 and the F& L is .700 ( .68-.72 tolerance) from the F & L web site : " Heavier weights flow less volume through a given opening".

Get a good rep on the phone or re-dyno. :)bulb

Sleeper CP
Big Inch Ford Lover:D

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Talked to some people about this, basically they said only concern if any was the jetting. A lighter fuel has a different affect at the jet than a heavier fuel. The fuels are so close Im told its probably okay but it wouldnt hurt to bump up the jetting 2 sizes and get a plug reading or better yet hook up an a/f ratio deal. I will probably do both.

Its strange that F&L has a range on their specific gravity, didnt see that with other fuel manufacturers.

2,056 Posts
Talked to some people about this, basically they said only concern if any was the jetting. A lighter fuel has a different affect at the jet than a heavier fuel. The fuels are so close Im told its probably okay but it wouldnt hurt to bump up the jetting 2 sizes and get a plug reading or better yet hook up an a/f ratio deal. I will probably do both.

Its strange that F&L has a range on their specific gravity, didnt see that with other fuel manufacturers.
What is your reason for switching fuels? Just curious.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts
Neither did I, but when you think about it they are all made with a tolerance. I doubt they can always hit the same number, so +/- a small % is reasonable.

Sleeper CP :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
I went to the dyno running c16 and we got A/F tuned for that fuel...Im planning on switching fuels. What are the numbers or specs I need to look at to compare fuels? specific gravity? concerned about my jetting by switching fuels.

Looking at going from VP c16 to F&L 118.

Thanks for any help.

Chris
Chris although my boat is slow we sell FnL sp3 here at work. Its all i use for about 7.70 a gal. last time i checked. Theirs 113 116 & 120 octaine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts