Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CCW license holder since 2004. Makes movies like "Rambo", "Cobra", and "Bullet to the Head", but also attends Brady Center anti-gun meetings and doesn't think you or I should own guns.

Hey Sly, FUCK YOU!!! :(((((( :(((((( :(((((( :((((((

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
CCW license holder since 2004. Makes movies like "Rambo", "Cobra", and "Bullet to the Head", but also attends Brady Center anti-gun meetings and doesn't think you or I should own guns.

If true I will destroy ever Stallone DVD I have, including two I just purchased ....

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Already miss the 310/562
13,551 Posts
Put them in the same column as the DIXIE CHICKS and Matt Damon...

When will the retards learn... KEEP YOUR YAPPER SHUT AND COLLECT YOUR CHEQUUE... :)sphss

·
1,512 Posts
Wait until (the now old) Sly calls 911. He'll wish he had all those Hollywood props.

·
Just Me
4,056 Posts
Not sure if Sly is still pro gun control or if he has moved to a neutral stance. Remember the statements they are using to cite him as anti-Gun are from 1999 and right after the death of a friend. A lot can change in 14 years. He didn't get his permit until 2004. Maybe he woke up and figured it out. Is there anything more current saying he is anti-gun?

The same site listed Arnold Schwarzenegger as pro gun control too, but after his recent talk with the the NRA VP it was reported that he was gun neutral. I think it was reported that he favors sensible gun regulation, not outright bans. I watch or don't watch movies because I like the story, not because of the Actor's politics.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well I know everyone on the left and some that are half left... ;) think I am on the lunatic fringe of righty tighty saying this, but the NRA (life member BTW) says he IS!

If he isn't why doesn't he rise up and condemn the rumor?

What makes you think he's changed his mind?

The article in the link was in 2012. It doesn't specify when he said what he did.

How about these Hollywood elitists hypocrites? Do I have to dig up a bunch of links for them too?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts

FC, you silver tongue devil you! I couldn't have said it better myself. :iagree:

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
You can believe these hypocrites when they give up their own firearms (which they all have) stop promoting violence with firearms (which they all do) and deny armed guards (which they all have.) From the president on down, this has so much less to do with guns than is has to do with control. Ask Hitler how it worked out for his agenda?

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
If you want to know what can happen to a people that are disarmed, you don't have to look any farther than right here in this country. When you need to have 100% control over a people, you need to disarm them, and there is no other reason for disarming them. Any ploiticiain that tells you other wise is lying thru his teeth.

Its our own shamefull genocide. And if you think they aren't on this path again, then you have not been paying attention to other countries that have disarmed its people.
This country was born of firearms against a tyrantical government. I am beginning to believe the new will be also.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Just Me
4,056 Posts
Well I know everyone on the left and some that are half left... ;) think I am on the lunatic fringe of righty tighty saying this, but the NRA (life member BTW) says he IS!

If he isn't why doesn't he rise up and condemn the rumor?

What makes you think he's changed his mind?

The article in the link was in 2012. It doesn't specify when he said what he did.

How about these Hollywood elitists hypocrites? Do I have to dig up a bunch of links for them too?

The door to door quote was in 99 after Phil Hartman was shot and killed and he specifically said hand guns. His carry permit was in 2004 and was denied renewal. Just because he wants handgun control doesn't mean he wants total gun control. He might, which is why I asked if there are any press statements from him about it.

I've been to several agenda 21 meetings, don't kid yourself and think I'm in fa or of that pile of crap. There might be a few small parts that I think could be workable, but not as a part of the big plan.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The door to door quote was in 99 after Phil Hartman was shot and killed and he specifically said hand guns. His carry permit was in 2004 and was denied renewal. Just because he wants handgun control doesn't mean he wants total gun control. He might, which is why I asked if there are any press statements from him about it.

I've been to several agenda 21 meetings, don't kid yourself and think I'm in fa or of that pile of crap. There might be a few small parts that I think could be workable, but not as a part of the big plan.
Not from what I've read. And that's enough for me!

·
Just Me
4,056 Posts
Not from what I've read. And that's enough for me!
Can you please post some of the Anti-gun statements or ads he has made, other than the comment that was made in 1999 after the tragic death of a close friend of his?

We know he owns guns. We know he has had a carry permit since making that comment. We know he has a shooting range in his home. We know that he has no apprehension about making movies with guns. We also know that he has made statements that weapons and people using them need to be put in the proper light and they, himself included, need to be responsible for the movie's content. Just haven't found where he has made any public statements other than the 1999 remark. Maybe your search engine is better than mine. Actions speak louder than words, so he is clearly not anti-gun. Maybe he talks the anti-gun talk which would make him a hypocrite as the thread says, but I've not found those statements. A little help please?

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Can you please post some of the Anti-gun statements or ads he has made, other than the comment that was made in 1999 after the tragic death of a close friend of his?

We know he owns guns. We know he has had a carry permit since making that comment. We know he has a shooting range in his home. We know that he has no apprehension about making movies with guns. We also know that he has made statements that weapons and people using them need to be put in the proper light and they, himself included, need to be responsible for the movie's content. Just haven't found where he has made any public statements other than the 1999 remark. Maybe your search engine is better than mine. Actions speak louder than words, so he is clearly not anti-gun. Maybe he talks the anti-gun talk which would make him a hypocrite as the thread says, but I've not found those statements. A little help please?
Why should I? You are the doubter. Look it up for yourself. Look at Sly's FB page. It is being blown up and he hasn't said a thing in defense, but just to remove them. There has to be a reason, I wonder what it is? :hmmm:

·
Just Me
4,056 Posts
Why should I? You are the doubter. Look it up for yourself. Look at Sly's FB page. It is being blown up and he hasn't said a thing in defense, but just to remove them. There has to be a reason, I wonder what it is? :hmmm:
I spent the last day looking and there are no quotes from him to be found except the one in 99. If he's such an avid anti-gun person you would think there would be more out there. Now since you've flat out stated that you've read enough to know for a fact, I just want to know what you've read that I've missed. Or maybe you're easier to convince than I am. I'm not saying it is impossible, but one statement in a time of loss does not a anti-gun nut make. Just because some blog says it, doesn't make it fact. But Facts do show that he owns guns, has carried guns, has his own personal shooting range, isn't afraid to be around them, has posed for photographs with them; obviously he isn't totally against guns. He may be against unlimited gun rights, he may want better background checks, hell he may even think that anyone possessing a hand gun should have a permit, but those things don't make him anti-gun.

As for his face book page, that would be a no win fight. Even if he was a staunch right wing carry anything you can supporter, he would still come out looking bad. So anyone with any sense doesn't engage in that type of drivel. That would be like granting an interview with the press knowing that they are out to lynch you. It's a no win situation, but you can definitely loose even more by engaging them.

And for the record, Al Gore is a moron, but he is smart and knows what he is doing. Which happens to be making tons of money off the sheeple. No need to post it in that thread as I haven't seen anything that jumps out as something someone needs to prove or that can't be verified with some research. This topic seems to fit that bill.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
You should because you made the allegation. Not to jump in the middle here and not to be ugly or take sides, but this would be called burden of proof. Him not defending himself on Facebook means nothing if there is nothing true to defend. He's innocent until proven guilty not the other way around.

If I made an allegation that the pope is pro abortion and it went viral on the internet, the allegation does not a make a truth. And it would indeed be up to me to back it up for the doubters.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I spent the last day looking and there are no quotes from him to be found except the one in 99. If he's such an avid anti-gun person you would think there would be more out there. Now since you've flat out stated that you've read enough to know for a fact, I just want to know what you've read that I've missed. Or maybe you're easier to convince than I am. I'm not saying it is impossible, but one statement in a time of loss does not a anti-gun nut make. Just because some blog says it, doesn't make it fact. But Facts do show that he owns guns, has carried guns, has his own personal shooting range, isn't afraid to be around them, has posed for photographs with them; obviously he isn't totally against guns. He may be against unlimited gun rights, he may want better background checks, hell he may even think that anyone possessing a hand gun should have a permit, but those things don't make him anti-gun.
Exactly, and if he actually did say something that anti-gun more recently, I'd join jetboatperformance in throwing out my Stallone DVDs. I just don't believe the dramatized story without a lot more backing it up.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
You should because you made the allegation. Not to jump in the middle here and not to be ugly or take sides, but this would be called burden of proof. Him not defending himself on Facebook means nothing if there is nothing true to defend. He's innocent until proven guilty not the other way around.

If I made an allegation that the pope is pro abortion and it went viral on the internet, the allegation does not a make a truth. And it would indeed be up to me to back it up for the doubters.
So what he said in '99 means nothing. And the NRA is wrong. I see.

To EDIT: This could be easily cleared up by Sly himself. All he would have to do is dispatch a statement saying he is not for gun control. Simple as that. I would offer him my public apology ask ask an admin to delete this thread, but since he has not..........

·
Just Me
4,056 Posts
So what he said in '99 means nothing. And the NRA is wrong. I see.

To EDIT: This could be easily cleared up by Sly himself. All he would have to do is dispatch a statement saying he is not for gun control. Simple as that. I would offer him my public apology ask ask an admin to delete this thread, but since he has not..........
What he said in 99 was in response to the tragic death of two friends. One was murdered as the apparent result of his wife taking Zoloft, She in turn killed herself when police showed up at the house. They had two kids that were left parent-less. 2 separate handguns were used as a friend had taken the murder weapon from her prior to calling 911. She used a different gun to kill herself as the police tried to get her to let them into the bedroom. They broke out a window she shot herself. Totally senseless, totally avoidable. Might leave a bitter taste in your mouth if they were your friends. So lets say his statement is questionable as to if it shows his true feelings. It shows a propensity against hand guns, but it is a far cry from a permanent position against guns. Otherwise, why didn't he say all guns?

And while we can debate what his position might or might not be, I'm sure in the grand scheme of things, Sly doesn't give a rat's butt what you nor I think about him. He's living large.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts