Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, got a 71 Sleekcraft i got about 8 months ago, haven't changed anything with electrical or connections on the tach, but when the motor is idling it seems to be correct, 500-1000rpm but the few times Ive had a few tests runs at Lake Pepe aka Perris Ive noticed that once on plane and driving 3/4 throttle my tach reads 6-7k? In the past I was told to look and see if the tack has a switch on the back, it doesnt at all and Im sure i cant be 7k all the time, if i let off from 3/4 the rpms will come down just like a normal tach. Basically it seems to do everything right but rmps seem way to high? is it possible my motor is turning that high rpm in stock form?!?!

·
Registered
6,575 Posts
not unusual for tachs going bad to read high like that. replace it. and no, it's not possible that your engine is running that high....:)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any idea on what i can to make it more accurate, I just put new head gaskets and intake gasket b/c of water in the oil, dont want over rev this thing and cause more issues, Dam sure dont wana do the gasket replacement again. If not guess ill take her easy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts