Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Short and stout
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a question for you guys. I have a bubble deck Tahiti. I was told that these boats are not very good as far as hull design. I was told that the bottom of them have a hook in them and cannot be made fast. What is everyone’s opinion on this boat? Thanks for the heads up and help. :)hand

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
I got a question for you guys. I have a bubble deck Tahiti. I was told that these boats are not very good as far as hull design. I was told that the bottom of them have a hook in them and cannot be made fast. What is everyone’s opinion on this boat? Thanks for the heads up and help. :)hand
Steve alot IMO depends on what exact Tahiti boat and vintage and what you want to do with it , any boat can develop hook and speed is going to depend on the set up and power you put to it Call if we can help Tom :)hand

·
Short and stout
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve alot IMO depends on what exact Tahiti boat and vintage and what you want to do with it , any boat can develop hook and speed is going to depend on the set up and power you put to it Call if we can help Tom :)hand
Thanks Tom, The only reason I thought about fixing this up was because I thought it always looked good in the water. We put our third 455 in it over the summer and launched that motor as well. So I was thinking of putting a BBC in it. But as always I want to go fast and look good doing it. I did not know if there was something I could do to get it out of the water as it does ride pretty wet. Thanks for the help Tom.:)hand

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Does it look like my old one???? I was told the problem with this hull is it won't shut down well after going fast. Something about being a deep entry hull. I wish I knew what that meant exactly.lol

·
Short and stout
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
H2O same looking boat,
Tom, as far as the set up there is nothing special. 455 olds with a 12jg pump. No set back or anything like that. 18' plain jane Tahiti.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Well, mine has some hook and runs pretty wet, but I'm not as concerned with going real fast (fast is a relative term) My boat is a 16' angle transom tahiti splash, deep V entry and I havent run across any serious handling problems so far...
My speed is only approx 75 now (havent GPS'd it yet with the latest changes) which is slow to some people. Plenty fast for me, in this hull. It gets there right now though!! If I wanted to go faster than that I would look for a hull that's made to do it. I just consider mine more of a lake hot rod than a racer...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts