Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Pride & Promise
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to ask all of you to take a moment to remember all those who have lost their lives fighting over in the Middle East. I have been extremely fortunate to have all my friends and family, including my brother, all return home safe from the Middle East after their tour of duty. This past week my family and I lost a friend of ours in an air and ground strike in Iraq.

No matter your thoughts on the war, please take a moment to remember those who have fallen in the past, those who will follow, those still fighting, and my friend Cody Legg.

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
I would like to ask all of you to take a moment to remember all those who have lost their lives fighting over in the Middle East. I have been extremely fortunate to have all my friends and family, including my brother, all return home safe from the Middle East after their tour of duty. This past week my family and I lost a friend of ours in an air and ground strike in Iraq.

No matter your thoughts on the war, please take a moment to remember those who have fallen in the past, those who will follow, those still fighting, and my friend Cody Legg.
I have a nephew over there right now on his second call out.

Thoughts are given

:)

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. I think about those guys and gals everyday AND the ones that went before them.

Incidentally, today is the anniversary of D-Day

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
Dam shame , Sorry to hear Cookie :( :(:(

·
Pride & Promise
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thank you everyone, I can only image attending an active duty funeral is probably going to be one of the hardest, most emotional things I have been through thus far in my life. To everyone that mentioned that they have family and/or friends over there may they return home safe from their TOD, and thank them for serving. And also thanks to all those serving in the armed forces that aren't in the middle east.

Dilligaf, this was also cody's second tour.

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
Oh HOW FAST WE FORGET

9-11
the country was so united then?
We have Liberals saying -PULL OUT NOW

I feel that every life lost in Viet Nam was a wasted life.
Never finishing the job we started.

Now Barack and Hillary wish to "WALK" again

I do NOT wish any soldier who may lose their life,do it in VAIN

Trust Me CODY LEGG

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

I guess Gas Prices ETC. are not near as important.

·
Administrator
11,649 Posts

·
Still Boatless :-(
552 Posts

Sorry to you and Cody's family and friends for your loss.............

·
Pride & Promise
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you everyone, the articles are starting to hit the Internet, and its very hard to read them. Cody was one of three men killed in this mission.

Ultracrazy, how much longer does your son have over in Iraq? Tell him thank you very much and may he return safe and sound.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Thank you everyone, the articles are starting to hit the Internet, and its very hard to read them. Cody was one of three men killed in this mission.

Ultracrazy, how much longer does your son have over in Iraq? Tell him thank you very much and may he return safe and sound.
8 more months. I tell him all the time.........just come home.

·
Lost for Words
156 Posts
To all the soldiers I know personally, and to others that I do not, I will always give my greatest gratitude.

I am so sorry for your loss. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think about every soldier on the news who has given his life for our country. :(

·
Pride & Promise
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was watching the news this evening and there was a soldier's funeral in Santa Rosa, lots of support, but also people protesting the war, which I felt was extremely disrespectful, but unfortunately I have heard of this happening quite a bit. Although there were protesters it was nice to see the support of many in the area as the motorcade drove from the church to the cemetery.

Cody's body will be arriving at Camp Pendleton on Tuesday morning and from there they are taking him to the mortuary where he will lie in state until Thursday morning when the funeral and full military honors burial are scheduled. The viewing will be open to the public during certain hours. If any of you are in the San Diego area and would like to pay respects to a hero who made the ultimate sacrifice for freedom PM me and I will forward you the information I have received from his family.

Thank you all for the support and kind words, and to all those who have mentioned they have loved ones serving our country, I will continue to keep them in my thoughts and prayers

·
Insurance Agent!
735 Posts
Thoughts and prayers to all who put their lives on the line everyday for us....

Soldiers,Police officers,Firefighters etc......

Thank You

1 - 19 of 19 Posts