Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
One has to wonder when the honest good people that live in that part of the world are going to have enough of this extremist shit and put an end to it.

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
The Taliban are furious at the way they are being portrayed by the media and demanding "unbiased" coverage.

Apparently the need to explain the pros and cons of shooting a 14 year girl in the face.

Taliban Terrorist Demand Unbiased Coverage While Threatening More Terror… :: Jan Morgan Media

This is truly funny!

Uncle Dave
Whew, thank goodness they didn't mention any US media sources. Ozero would have to issue an E.O. ordering the media to stop speading vicious lies to appease them.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Maybe they should "wish in one hand and sh*t in the other and see which fills up faster" on that matter ... Imagine a culture that has factions that condone the attemps to public assassinate a child (let alone anyone else) for simply speaking out or any other reason for that matter deserves to rot in Hell :((((((

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
One has to wonder when the honest good people that live in that part of the world are going to have enough of this extremist shit and put an end to it.
The problem is that what is considered the extreme to you and I are the mainstream to those who read the Qur'an. Muslims that view the American way of life as alright are considered to be blasphemous.
The Qur'an calls for beheading of those that will not practice Islam in the later writings. Earlier writings considered Jews and Christians to at least follow the same God, but later writings called for all to be converted. Those Muslims that accept western philosophies into their life is considered blasphemous and those Muslim are treated to a worse punishment than those who fail to convert to Islam. To turn your back on or convert from Islam is considered the worst offense against Islam.

(My son was two classes shy of getting his minor in middle eastern studies in college and guess who had to listen to it)

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
The problem is that what is considered the extreme to you and I are the mainstream to those who read the Qur'an. Muslims that view the American way of life as alright are considered to be blasphemous.
The Qur'an calls for beheading of those that will not practice Islam in the later writings. Earlier writings considered Jews and Christians to at least follow the same God, but later writings called for all to be converted. Those Muslims that accept western philosophies into their life is considered blasphemous and those Muslim are treated to a worse punishment than those who fail to convert to Islam. To turn your back on or convert from Islam is considered the worst offense against Islam.

(My son was two classes shy of getting his minor in middle eastern studies in college and guess who had to listen to it)
I have many friends from the ME, most Muslims, but some Bahai, Jews, and Christians as well. The majority of Muslims are not as extreme as you are painting them.

One of the big problems with their culture is they don't respond well to freedom. They have only known tyranny and an iron fist and find it difficult to not live with this in place. They literally don't know how to respond to freedom or having control over their own lives. That's why the Taliban or other harsh dictatorships over there succeed; it's almost like these people respond better to that. At some point the people are going to get tired of it all and evolve into a more modern society. No telling when that will be though, I mean these people still live like the middle ages in alot of cases. What I find intersting though, go research the ME in like the 50s and 60s. Many of the areas seen as shitholes now were modern cities back then. I saw some stuff about Kabul from that time, and it looked like a normal modern civilized city with public transportation, clean paved streets, and a developing economy.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Wow, what happened to you?

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
I have many friends from the ME, most Muslims, but some Bahai, Jews, and Christians as well. The majority of Muslims are not as extreme as you are painting them.

One of the big problems with their culture is they don't respond well to freedom. They have only known tyranny and an iron fist and find it difficult to not live with this in place. They literally don't know how to respond to freedom or having control over their own lives. That's why the Taliban or other harsh dictatorships over there succeed; it's almost like these people respond better to that. At some point the people are going to get tired of it all and evolve into a more modern society. No telling when that will be though, I mean these people still live like the middle ages in alot of cases. What I find intersting though, go research the ME in like the 50s and 60s. Many of the areas seen as shitholes now were modern cities back then. I saw some stuff about Kabul from that time, and it looked like a normal modern civilized city with public transportation, clean paved streets, and a developing economy.

Serious question:

Are your friends from the ME, or of ME decent?

How many of the muslim friends will openly condemn the Taliban?

I work with some ME men, they are completely "normal", hard working, and friendly guys...BUT, they will not discuss anything about muslims or taliban...or anything about terrorist attacks.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
This spineless president will give credence to such a demand. A real leader NEVER would.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts

Allthough this is true the % of Muslims that are extreemist/terrorist is far to great for me to trust almost any of them. Living in the stone age is what too many of them want. they want to continue that way. Moving into the modern world conflicts with thier religion.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Serious question:

I work with some ME men, they are completely "normal", hard working, and friendly guys...BUT, they will not discuss anything about muslims or taliban...or anything about terrorist attacks.

You didnt ask me, but Im in a "Persian" area of Los Angeles and have Islamic neighbors in front and to the port side of me.

Although "islamic" they are quite secular. Guys owns a carpeting store, and his wife is a first grade teacher at the local school and they are struggling to put their kids through college. Other guy is a real estate agent with a growing collection of BMWs.

They cant figure out who the fuck these guys even are - and why they are tolerated at all, and it goes doubly for the as they call them "the crazies" that are running Iran.

Makes sense because after all - these are the families that voluntarily left Iran. They so want to distance themselves from these guy so much - they call themselves PERSIANS.

I can vouch for a couple normal ones fed up with the bullshit.

Uncle Dave

·
Registered
52 Posts
As for people of ME decent. After reentering the work force, after early retirement I was in charge of a warehouse.
On the morning of 9/11 after the towers were hit, the company announced over the PA what had happened.
Most of our people were in shock, as most were.
But our employees of ME decent started to cheer and yell Ala AK Bar, kill them all.
Not once but several times.
We had more the just one or two, more like 35.
We had to call the police to get them out of the building alive.
No joking not making this up.
Never made the news.
Company covered it up, very large company.
It was men and women combined.
Am I prejudice? YES, you see prejudice is a learned behavior and I have been taught by the best!

I DON'T CARE WHAT YOUR OPINION IS, I HAVE LEARNED MINE!
replace LEARNED with TAUGHT , but both work

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
There's a lot of "normal" Muslims in Iran. We recently saw them try to take a stand against tyranny and move toward civility, the Green Movement, you remember the one Obama chose to sit on the side lines for and watch instead of offering assistance. He chose instead to hedge his bets and throw his support behind the very moderate Muslim Brotherhood movement. It should be interesting watching him explain his positions on the ME Monday night.

·
Floatin dirty
4,831 Posts
Allthough this is true the % of Muslims that are extreemist/terrorist is far to great for me to trust almost any of them. Living in the stone age is what too many of them want. they want to continue that way. Moving into the modern world conflicts with thier religion.

And all these uprisings and dictators being over thrown has just opened the door for the muslim brotherhood to step in and take over all these little countries. muslim brotherhood is al queda with a different name. Pretty safe to assume that the U.S. covertly assisted and is still assisting in these uprisings but the results afterwards are going to be worse then when the dictators controlled the regions. They will never accept democracy and a western way of life. The few that try will be killed.

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
Serious question:

Born and raised in Lebanon, Egypt, Turkey, Iran. I discuss Islam, problems in the ME, terrorism, and cultural differences freely with them. They have all condemned the extremism carried out by Al Quaeda, Taliban, Hezbollah, etc saying it does nothing but make the Muslims look bad to the world. Maybe the guys you know won't discuss it with you because of your ignorant views?:)bulb

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
You didnt ask me, but Im in a "Persian" area of Los Angeles and have Islamic neighbors in front and to the port side of me.

Although "islamic" they are quite secular. Guys owns a carpeting store, and his wife is a first grade teacher at the local school and they are struggling to put their kids through college. Other guy is a real estate agent with a growing collection of BMWs.

They cant figure out who the fuck these guys even are - and why they are tolerated at all, and it goes doubly for the as they call them "the crazies" that are running Iran.

Makes sense because after all - these are the families that voluntarily left Iran. They so want to distance themselves from these guy so much - they call themselves PERSIANS.

I can vouch for a couple normal ones fed up with the bullshit.

Uncle Dave
I'm very glad to hear that!:))THumbsUp:))THumbsUp

Maybe these guys here just don't want to talk about it at a workplace environment.

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Born and raised in Lebanon, Egypt, Turkey, Iran. I discuss Islam, problems in the ME, terrorism, and cultural differences freely with them. They have all condemned the extremism carried out by Al Quaeda, Taliban, Hezbollah, etc saying it does nothing but make the Muslims look bad to the world. Maybe the guys you know won't discuss it with you because of your ignorant views?:)bulb
How would they know my views if we have never discussed it??

Try to keep up RTI, this is basic stuff here.....

Unlike you, I think they are just smart enough to think that the workplace is probably not the right place.
(They do not work WITH me, but are on location for other jobs and contractors)

Maybe if you had excersized better judgement (and shut your yap now and then) you would still have your cat skinning job??:)bulb

(G'Mornin' BTW. Clock in and let's get going here)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts