Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gone in a Flash!
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just added a Tall deck 427 truck block to my core pile. So is it worth the trouble to do all the clearance grinding to fit a 4.25 4340 forged crank and H beams to get a longer rod and better piston ring and pin package? :hmmm: This build would be for 650hp no spray pump gas for my Sanger Mini v-drive R/C. Lots of long sustained 4000 rpm cruising. I was just going to build one of my standard 9.8 blocks, but this came along and I'm opening Pandora's box...Reality

·
Some guy
3,639 Posts
Just added a Tall deck 427 truck block to my core pile. So is it worth the trouble to do all the clearance grinding to fit a 4.25 4340 forged crank and H beams to get a longer rod and better piston ring and pin package? :hmmm: This build would be for 650hp no spray pump gas for my Sanger Mini v-drive R/C. Lots of long sustained 4000 rpm cruising. I was just going to build one of my standard 9.8 blocks, but this came along and I'm opening Pandora's box...Reality
Does your block already have any notches in it? Some of the later ones did, and may clear with little or no work at all.

·
Gone in a Flash!
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I still have to tear it down and check it out. Are the oil passages close and easily breeched? Water Jackets?

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I still have to tear it down and check it out. Are the oil passages close and easily breeched? Water Jackets?
With a 4.25 stroke you don't need to worry about the oil gallery down the side. If the block is notched at the bottom of the bores already, you only need to do minimal notching depending on the rods. If its early block and not notched, just take your time notching for the bolt head, don't make it too wide or too deep and you'll be fine.

Most of the pre notched blocks are pretty close with most H beam rods. if you have to do a un-notched block, you won't be making notches this wide. A little more than a 1/4" wider than the bolt head.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts