Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Well my strategy is going "third world" on them. I deal with many different people from various third world countries. The one thing they all have in common whether they're from Mexico, Vietnam, or Jordon, is cash is king. You can't tax what you don't have, and I just went broke. I will be stocking up on generic receipt books with no printed info on them. I will hide every penny I can from a government that thinks so little of my tax contributions that they waste vast amounts of money on frivolous and vile things like the Muslim Brotherhood, Acorn, and cell phones for the lazy, but feel we don't pay our fair share.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I bet the Democrats are chomping at the bit for these tax breaks to expire. When they do we will see a new wave of tax circumventing practices such as using cash and barter & trade. It was tried in the past and the government went nutts trying to find ways of taxing and collecting on barter. Thru the internet it will be much easier to link trade partners to barter with. It is a practice that goes back long before currency, government and as far back to the dawn of civilization. Human nature being what it is people will find ways around this. Those not creative or just lazy will pay more taxes and just live with it...Net results: no increase in tax revenue or even a net loss. Higher taxes don't mean higher revenue.....But remember, according to Ozero taxes are to punish the sucessful in the name of "Fairness" not just to pay for government.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Well my strategy is going "third world" on them. I deal with many different people from various third world countries. The one thing they all have in common whether they're from Mexico, Vietnam, or Jordon, is cash is king. You can't tax what you don't have, and I just went broke. I will be stocking up on generic receipt books with no printed info on them. I will hide every penny I can from a government that thinks so little of my tax contributions that they waste vast amounts of money on frivolous and vile things like the Muslim Brotherhood, Acorn, and cell phones for the lazy, but feel we don't pay our fair share.
I would love to do the same, but, consider this question, How can the government control the "Black market" ( Cash and Carry)?
Answer: "Cashless Society". The representative value of the dollar has been hashed over and over in previous prf's. What happens when the world economy is no longer based on the US Dollar? Us Gov can no longer just print up money, as has been done in the past. The dollars we have on hand or in the bank become valueless.
Bartering will or can continue, for hard goods and services. Perhaps a credit based society begins the proverbial "Mark of the Beast".

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
My respones was more short term 2-3 years. Depending on the out come of the election, I believe the next 2-3 years will be very telling for the futuer of the U.S and thus the world.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts

·
Registered
8,347 Posts

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
I don't like arbitrary taxes like the 2.9% excise tax. I would prefer real tax reform. Perhaps the rebublicans will engage in meaninful debate during President Obama's second term.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
I don't like arbitrary taxes like the 2.9% excise tax. I would prefer real tax reform. Perhaps the rebublicans will engage in meaninful debate during President Obama's second term.
:happy::happy::happy::happy:

Rod, do you know anything about the Simpson Bowles committee that Obama appointed and then dismissed its findings?

Are you aware that he couldn't get 1 Democrat to vote for his budget.

Your statement was an oxy-Moron <------Obama = Moron

BTW you skipped right over the Obamacare taxes!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
The excise tax is an example of the new taxes. As far as the cap gains and dividend taxes, yes I think they should be higher too, with or without tax reform.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
The excise tax is an example of the new taxes. As far as the cap gains and dividend taxes, yes I think they should be higher too, with or without tax reform.
You believe that progressive tax hikes and tax hikes on investment income is good for the economy combined with all the other new taxes imposed by Obamacare?

Do you believe that the increase in debt from implementing Obamacare is a healthy solution for this nation?

Do you believe you will see any additional job growth with an Obama 2nd term and if so, in what way, and why would someone with capital invest in others futures with the new individual restrictions that they will be faced with.

If Obama policy could create jobs, unemployment wouldn't be so high.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
VOTE!
2,123 Posts
That is very nice of you, thank you. You and I both know that we need massive tax, immigration, welfare, social security, education, etc. reforms.

Some of what is being proposed, or being allowed to expire, may very well have a negative impact on the economy. I will certainly be paying much more and no I don't like that.

The tax increases will do very little to help the country without spending cuts. The cuts need to be strategic, not reactive.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
That is very nice of you, thank you. You and I both know that we need massive tax, immigration, welfare, social security, education, etc. reforms.

Some of what is being proposed, or being allowed to expire, may very well have a negative impact on the economy. I will certainly be paying much more and no I don't like that.

The tax increases will do very little to help the country without spending cuts. The cuts need to be strategic, not reactive.
My pleasure. :)
I know we disagree on how the reforms should be made. Regardless they need to be made.

That said, why did Obama dismiss the Simpson Bowles plan? Buffett would support it. If he is willing to advocate higher taxes on Billionaires and used by Democrats to sell that message, why do they ignore his call for reduced spending and entitlement reform?

The tax hike on people making 250k Which is the larger majority of people who will see the tax hike, will deter growth.

Where are the proposed cuts to spending and entitlement reforms by Democrats?

Everything your saying is an oxymoron.

Less people back to work = less tax revnue with a heavier burden on entitlement programs.

Where is that solution? Obama can't force investors to invest and that is evident over the last 31/2 years.

I know you know, that the rich will always be rich and the poor will always be poor. The only cures are removing fraud and abuse and providing jobs to the people who want and need them.

Obama policy and Democrat spending offer zero to right this ship in the right direction. Show me it otherwise.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
How much of these "tax hikes" are the sunset of the unfunded Bush stimulus?
Oh yea, that's right.............

How about higher import tariffs?

·
Registered
4,115 Posts

Let me help you out here....Tax increases will do nothing but stifle economic growth, hinder purchasing of goods and services and in general drive another nail into the coffin of the middle class. The only economic advantage that this will provide is it will allow government to grow, spend and expand control the lives of the same people Oblabber crows about saving. Help me out here R&J explain to me in your ever so humble opinion how increasing taxes will help the middle class? Take your time and please answer without having to resort to Democrat talking points, sales pitches and bullshit. And if you happen to work thru that little essay please let us bask in the radiance of your wit and go on to list the spending cuts in the order of most important to least important or if you wish the biggest programs in dollars cuts to the smallest program in dollars cuts.

·
Registered
8,347 Posts
Rod, when Romney wins, do you think the Democrats in Congress will work with the Republicans? Here's a list of Paul Ryan's suggested cuts to start with.

Listof Republican cuts in Ryan's plan....

List of Republican cuts. Clearly, Paul Ryan knows how to make the cutsnecessary to get this country back on track.

Notice S.S.. and the military are NOT on this list

Theseare all the programs that the new Republican House has proposed cutting. Readto the end and pass it on to as many as you can.
* Corporation for Public Broadcasting Subsidy -- $445 million annual savings.
* Save America's Treasures Program -- $25 million annual savings.
* International Fund for Ireland -- $17 million annual savings.
* Legal Services Corporation -- $420 million annual savings.
* National Endowment for the Arts -- $167.5 million annual savings.
* National Endowment for the Humanities -- $167.5 million annual savings.
* Hope VI Program -- $250 million annual savings.
* Amtrak Subsidies -- $1.565 billion annual savings.
* Eliminate duplicating education programs -- H.R. 2274 (in last Congress),authored by Rep. McKeon, eliminates 68 at a savings of $1.3 billion

annually.
* U.S. Trade Development Agency -- $55 million annual savings.
* Woodrow Wilson Center Subsidy -- $20 million annual savings..
* Cut in half funding for congressional printing and binding -- $47 millionannual savings.
* John C. Stennis Center Subsidy -- $430,000 annual savings.
* Community Development Fund -- $4.5 billion annual savings.
* Heritage Area Grants and Statutory Aid -- $24 million annual savings.
* Cut Federal Travel Budget in Half -- $7.5 billion annual savings
* Trim Federal Vehicle Budget by 20% -- $600 million annual savings.
* Essential Air Service -- $150 million annual savings.
* Technology Innovation Program -- $70 million annual savings.
* Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) Program -- $125 million annualsavings.
* Department of Energy Grants to States for Weatherization -- $530 millionannual savings.
* Beach Replenishment -- $95 million annual savings.
* New

Starts Transit -- $2 billion annual savings.
* Exchange Programs for Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, and Their HistoricalTrading Partners in Massachusetts -- $9 million annual savings
* Intercity and High Speed Rail Grants -- $2.5 billion annual savings.
* Title X Family Planning -- $318 million annual savings.
* Appalachian Regional Commission -- $76 million annual savings.
* Economic Development Administration -- $293 million annual savings.
* Programs under the National and Community Services Act -- $1.15 billionannual savings.
* Applied Research at Department of Energy -- $1.27 billion annual savings.
* Freedom CAR and Fuel Partnership -- $200 million annual savings.
* Energy Star Program -- $52 million annual savings.
* Economic Assistance to Egypt -- $250 million annually.
* U.S.

Agency for InternationalDevelopment -- $1.39 billion annual savings.
* General Assistance to District of Columbia -- $210 million annual savings...
* Subsidy for Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority -- $150 millionannual savings.
* Presidential Campaign Fund -- $775 millionsavings over ten years.
* No funding for federal office space acquisition -- $864 million annualsavings.
* End prohibitions on competitive sourcing of government services.
* Repeal the Davis-Bacon Act -- More than $1 billion annually.
* IRS Direct Deposit: Require the IRS to deposit fees for some services itoffers (such as processing payment plans for taxpayers) to the Treasury,instead of allowing it to remain as part of its budget -- $1.8 billion savingsover ten years.
* Require collection of unpaid taxes by federal employees -- $1 billion totalsavings. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS ABOUT?
* Prohibit taxpayer funded union activities by federal employees -- $1.2billion savings over ten years.
* Sell excess federal properties the government does not make use of -- $15billion total savings.
* Eliminate death gratuity for Members of Congress.WHAT???
* Eliminate Mohair Subsidies -- $1 million annual savings.
* Eliminate taxpayer subsidies to the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel onClimate Change -- $12.5 million annual savings WELL ISN'T THAT SPECIAL
* Eliminate Market Access Program -- $200 million annual savings.
* USDA Sugar Program -- $14 million annual savings.
* Subsidy to Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) --$93 million annual savings.
* Eliminate the National Organic Certification Cost-Share Program -- $56.2million annual savings.
* Eliminate fund for Obamacare administrative costs -- $900 million savings.
* Ready to Learn TV Program -- $27 million savings..WHY?????
* HUD Ph.D. Program.
* Deficit Reduction Check-Off Act.
* TOTAL SAVINGS: $2.5 Trillion over Ten Years

Myquestion is,whatis all this doing in the budget in the first place?

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Heres one that should be added..."National Helium Reserve". That is to assure the country has enough helium to fill all the "lighter than air ships" in the military fleet. Oh...and the "mohair" subsities...We haven't used mohair in what....60 years?...And we're still paying for it?

·
Boatless Member :(
3,006 Posts
So unfunded tax breaks (which increased total revenues did it not?) is bad, but printing money and throwing it into the economy deflating the dollar is perfect fine? Interesting.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts