Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday night as I was driving back from Parker; my 2008 Ford F-350 seized and grenaded. Even though the vehicle has 68,000 miles, has been serviced properly and is "under warranty" the Ford dealership informed me that the extended warranty doesn't apply to bad fuel purchased or water in the fuel.

They suggested that someone either poured water into my fuel tank or that I purchased bad fuel.

Shouldn't there be some safety system installed to prohibit a $20,000 problem even if it is a bad fuel problem? Advice or opinions requested.

·
Registered
656 Posts
you would think there is a safety device. My duramax filter has a float in it that shuts the fuel off when water is present.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
There is a water separater on the truck, but it probably got more water than it could handle. Sorry to hear that Chris. For the Record...I was no where near Parker at the time.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Don't let them off the hook...That's BS. those turds have multiple filters and the water probably came from that stupid water hammer problems the 6.4's have.. I would have someone else check the oil for glycol and tell ford to shove it up their ass...BTW I have owned every ford diesel offered in a pu and currently have mustangs/falcon/f150s and one pile o shit 2008 6.4 f250...I'm not a ford hater...just hate every diesel they ever offered. oops, except the 7.3

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I think they are just trying to get out of fixing it. I have been hearing this a lot more lately from Ford for some reason. I have a great lawyer that handles these problems if you need.

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Chris This is unfortutante and based on that allegation made by the repair facility (re the contaminated fuel) I highly suggest you try to request that they (or you) obtain a fuel sample and get an analisys of same I will supply you with the information on the as to where to send this and how to proceeed if you would like me to Tom

·
Registered
83 Posts
Chris This is unfortutante and based on that allegation made by the repair facility (re the contaminated fuel) I highly suggest you try to request that they (or you) obtain a fuel sample and get an analisys of same I will supply you with the information on the as to where to send this and how to proceeed if you would like me to Tom
get an oil analisys also..

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
I bet your next truck wont be a Ford:D

But seriously; Sorry to hear about this man, this defiantly sucks dick and balls.

I think Ford is being chicken shit and just trying to get out of the repair. Try having a fuel and oil analysis done. Its easy, and only cost about $30.

I would think if you exercise every possible avenue with Ford, you might even have a lawsuit from the gas station in Parker.

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Boss, don't let them FORD fuggers off the hook. Did they not design an engine that would have a filter to filter out contaminates? My little bro is a truck driver. Those rigs have solid designs for filtration. Cold in the winter and the fuels Gels, Indian Summers the fuel condensates. W T H boss. Hit Em hard! If that don't work, Use the I own a website that gets maybe 45 hits a day :D Direct them to this thread. Let them know the power of the Internet :)sphss

·
Registered
640 Posts
There would have to be a whole lot of water in the fuel to cause that kind of damage. Maybe check with station you bought the fuel from. Not sure, but your extended warranty is not through ford. It is normally with a outside company. If you have records of maintenace, that will show replacement of filters. Tell the dealer you want to talk to the zone manager.

·
Registered
281 Posts
many people are having same problem's with the motor's poping... the 04 6.0 was a big problem. i would call the company on your warranty and go to head guy to find out why they sold you something you can not use.. your not the only one that has to fight to get them to pay..... if you would not mind posting the name of the extended warranty company you have so we can have head's up or see if it's same compamy trying to screw a friend over.......alby

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
There would have to be a whole lot of water in the fuel to cause that kind of damage. Maybe check with station you bought the fuel from. Not sure, but your extended warranty is not through ford. It is normally with a outside company. If you have records of maintenace, that will show replacement of filters. Tell the dealer you want to talk to the zone manager.
Can't disagree (re the water) ergo the analisys suggestion , But these (assuming its a 6.4 also have some =known issues with high press fuel pumps (disintegration) and water pump/Timing cover erosion (due to caviation) among some others Tom

Google 6.4 High pressure pump failures or 6.4 water pump timing cover cavitation for S&G

·
Registered
364 Posts
Seems like it would quit running before it hurt itself that bad if there was water in the fuel. Water in the oil would cause bearing failure. I'd want to know exactly what failed seems like they would need to tear it down to tell you that.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Being a former mechanic, that sounds way fishy. Hell they have kits that inject water into the engine. As someone already said if you had that much water in the engine you would have noticed something.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
If you had water in it the light would have came on. I have not seen it but sounds like B/S to me. If you know someone at your selling dealer you might get some help.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Chris; IF, and a big IF, a large amount of water was in your fuel tank, that COULD be vandalism. IF that is the case, it is good cause for an insurance claim. MAKE SURE all of the fuel in your tank is kept for examination, by Ford or your insurance carrier. Save your gas receipt!

And is this an extended warranty or the Ford diesel 100K warranty that comes with all new Ford diesels??

Sounds like a call to Ford at the 800 number is needed, customer service for a zone manager to get involved.

·
Lord of the Drinks
2,352 Posts
I would think you would get a "lean left and right bank" code in the computer as the truck would act like it was running out of gas and the water came through the injectors.

·
Formula FL
30 Posts
Sounds like a bunch of Bulloney to me !:)devil Next stop after fuel & oil check a lawyer.

By the way that engine if I'm not mistaken is made by International for Ford.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts