Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
relax it's only life
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have gotten lots of help with the problem on my boat and a new question came up Where is the overspeed sensor?

·
New here
4,219 Posts
Not sure what type of sensor you are asking about.

If you are talking about the REV LIMITER, it is built into the ECM. When RPM reach a certain number, the ECM starts taking cylinders and fuel away until RPM is back in check.

There is not a specific sensor for this.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
That would be the wife sitting next to you beating your sorry ass cuz your going to fast.:D:D
:D

Either that or in between your butt cheeks if the boat runs well but handles like a Dory.:)bulb

GT :)hand

·
relax it's only life
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i had a one minute overspeed fault code on the computer, and the manual was saying something about an overspeed sensor. I find it hard to believe a small block can overspeed but what the heck

·
custom boat lover
498 Posts
Not sure what type of sensor you are asking about.

If you are talking about the REV LIMITER, it is built into the ECM. When RPM reach a certain number, the ECM starts taking cylinders and fuel away until RPM is back in check.

There is not a specific sensor for this.
X 2 it is in the ecm. Have you ever free reved the engine out of gear, Or came out of the water at speed.That will set it off.

·
"BOUGHT NOT BUILT"
8,077 Posts
well i had a one minute overspeed fault code on the computer, and the manual was saying something about an overspeed sensor. I find it hard to believe a small block can overspeed but what the heck
I tell ya, my small block gets on the rev limit and I can't tell...
my tach says 4800 but its turning 5200

1 - 7 of 7 Posts