Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister has a 1500 Sq. ft. Suite in Cabo and arraingements for 6 people, at Villa La Estancia. Supposed to be a 5 star all inclusive resort. She has it for a week and can't make it.
For some reason or another, no refund is possible. Yesterday she offered it to My family and I. My wife and I can't go, but the kids and some of their friends can.

How safe do you think it would be to send 3-18 year olds, 1-17 and 1-16, all boys.

I am definately the big Mexico hater here on the boards. I always talk shit about Mexico and how dangerous it is there.

But now faced with a free $12,000 trip, all inclusive and all paid by someone else. (she'll even pay the name changes on the tickets) The kids begging......I don't know what to do.

Never been to Cabo, My experience in Mexico is limited to Tj to Ensenada. Don't think I would let them go there, Is cabo more mello?

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Not sure they understand the consequences, which can be severe if they mess up. I am a big Mexico person and I say don't do it. Something happens and you'll regret it for the rest of your life. They can easily get booze there and you know where that leads.

Think of the morons that claimed to be "parents" of the Natalie girl who went on a high school, chaperoned event to the Carribean. I would hate to watch you on Fox News with Gretta bitchen about how they killed your kid.

Seriously, just say no.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not sure they understand the consequences, which can be severe if they mess up. I am a big Mexico person and I say don't do it. Something happens and you'll regret it for the rest of your life. They can easily get booze there and you know where that leads.

Think of the morons that claimed to be "parents" of the Natalie girl who went on a high school, chaperoned event to the Carribean. I would hate to watch you on Fox News with Gretta bitchen about how they killed your kid.

Seriously, just say no.
Wow, this coming from a Mexico Advocate. My decision is now definately leaning toward NO.

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
I can think of a few people who might be willing to take one for the team and go down, if the name changes were still paid for...

Who's with me??? Time to help some peoples. :D:D:D

Seriously though, I was going to Mexico by myself when I was 17, driving down with friends in my K-5 Blazer and we never had any issues... things have changed dramatically since then, and Rocky Point is only an hour from the border... Cabo might be a little too far from home.

·
Islander Moho Trash
2,119 Posts
Sixteen, Seventeen and eighteen? No adults? Mexico? Not in this lifetime.

x2...no freaking way in hell.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
My sister has a 1500 Sq. ft. Suite in Cabo and arraingements for 6 people, at Villa La Estancia. Supposed to be a 5 star all inclusive resort. She has it for a week and can't make it.
For some reason or another, no refund is possible. Yesterday she offered it to My family and I. My wife and I can't go, but the kids and some of their friends can.

How safe do you think it would be to send 3-18 year olds, 1-17 and 1-16, all boys.

I am definately the big Mexico hater here on the boards. I always talk shit about Mexico and how dangerous it is there.

But now faced with a free $12,000 trip, all inclusive and all paid by someone else. (she'll even pay the name changes on the tickets) The kids begging......I don't know what to do.

Never been to Cabo, My experience in Mexico is limited to Tj to Ensenada. Don't think I would let them go there, Is cabo more mello?

Negative ghost rider!!!!! Don't send your kids to Mexico!!!!! I am 32 y/o and responsible and I got in trouble last weekend. Those kids will get in all kinds of trouble and there isn't anything you can do about it.

And $12k????? I can go to Cabo 4 times for that kind of money! Don't be guilted by price. Keep your kids safe.

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
The chance of a lifetime for kids. 16 may be too young, but for the 18 year old guys...have at it. Don't leave the resort, play it cool, behave and be respectful. Tough call, but thats a one time deal.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
What if I delete the rent a car and make them promise to never leave the hotel property? Yeah right.............I'm sure when they meet the little girls on the beach and get invited to CaboWabo.....they will surely be remembering their promise to Dad.

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
What if I delete the rent a car...
There is no way they'd be allowed to rent a car down there anyway... so that's not even an issue.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
What if I delete the rent a car and make them promise to never leave the hotel property? Yeah right.............I'm sure when they meet the little girls on the beach and get invited to CaboWabo.....they will surely be remembering their promise to Dad.
You know the right choice it's just going to be hard to give up the super dad title on this one for a few days while they stew. Trust me, they don't want to see a mexican jail..........

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Negative ghost rider!!!!! Don't send your kids to Mexico!!!!! I am 32 y/o and responsible and I got in trouble last weekend. Those kids will get in all kinds of trouble and there isn't anything you can do about it.

And $12k????? I can go to Cabo 4 times for that kind of money! Don't be guilted by price. Keep your kids safe.

Oh No, not you too. Thought you would at least give me a positive take here. I think they really are shit out of luck, now. I was hoping to get a few positives about the trip as I hate to deny them this great opportunity. As tight as money is and the next few years outlook, don't think I can ever pay this kind of trip for this many people :-(

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Oh No, not you too. Thought you would at least give me a positive take here. I think they really are shit out of luck, now. I was hoping to get a few positives about the trip as I hate to deny them this great opportunity. As tight as money is and the next few years outlook, don't think I can ever pay this kind of trip for this many people :-(
I just know what kind of trouble they can get into there. This isn't TJ where your afraid for your life as a young kid. Cabo will give them a false sense of security because it is so Americanized. I just think it has trouble written all over it.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What a drag........I'm really bummed out for them right now. I was dinking a few beers yesterday at the mothers day family thing. She whipped out the trip and I kind of agreed with out thinking. Didn't wanna look a gift horse in the mouth or offend my sister , because she was so happy giving the trip to us.
Oh man , this is going to be a tough flip flop tonight.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts