Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't care for the way the stainless shaft just rides within the holes in my aluminum scoop and I would like to insert some small Teflon or Nylon bushings/sleeves to make it ride nicer.

The shaft measurement is .315" in diameter and I would like a small shoulder on the bushing/sleave if possible to secure them in place.

Anybody have any thoughts of some place that may sell something like that?

Here's a shot so you can see how the shaft passes thru the scoop.

Thanks for the help..........john

·
Registered
612 Posts
Not sure on the size, but you may want to check out the teflon bushings used in Holley base plates They are flexable enough that you could snip them down to fit if they are a little too big around. Just a thought.

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure on the size, but you may want to check out the teflon bushings used in Holley base plates They are flexable enough that you could snip them down to fit if they are a little too big around. Just a thought.
Thanks for the replies guys. The ones in Mcmaster should work perfect.

Hi John,

BTW it is 72* and sunny outside here right now....I am washing the boat and getting ready to put the motor back in (replaced the pump) :|err

GT :)hand
You're killing me Glenn....... we went from frigid and clear to raining and 40 degrees..... Can't wait for summer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts