Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
40' of Skater
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering about the poker run up there in a month. It will be a long pull for me but I am still debating.......is it worth it??

Erik

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Its a beautiful lake. Not alot around so its peaceful. If you want to go to a clean beautiful quiet lake with lots of natural scenery (not the silicon kind if you know what I mean) thats the place for you.:)devil

We love that place. I like to stay for a few days because its actually relaxing there.

It has a lot of shore line so you go and stretch the legs of your boat.

If you love crowded lakes with tons of lake lice, flat billers, gang-bangers, fake cans, loud music, too many boats in a small confined area then its not the place for you. ;)

FYI Lots of drama involved with the organizer.... :)sphss (see norcal section :):)punch)

·
40' of Skater
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a beautiful lake. Not alot around so its peaceful. If you want to go to a clean beautiful quiet lake with lots of natural scenery (not the silicon kind if you know what I mind) thats the place for you.:)devil

We love that place. I like to stay for a few days because its actually relaxing there.

It has a lot of shore line so you go and stretch the legs of your boat.

If you love crowded lakes with tons of lake lice, flat billers, gang-bangers, fake cans, loud music, too many boats in a small confined area then its not the place for you. ;)

FYI Lots of drama involved with the organizer.... :)sphss (see norcal section :):)punch)

Yeah, we have been to some of his events before, I don't mind. Sounds like a fantastic lake to visit, I'm still not a fan of the drive. We will see. Thanks!!:D

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Oh, also its usually calm, doesn't have a lot of wind and the water is clean......

in short, it sucks :p

·
Registered
656 Posts
One of the best vacations I ever took was in Shasta (9days on a houseboat). I have only been once. Very peaceful with bald eagles cruising around. Downfall; Only a couple of sandy beaches that I saw.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Terrible lake,warm,clean and calm.It's a 4 hour drive for me but we do it almost every weekend from mid june till the end of september.We spent 20+ days on shasta last year.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Shasta is a very nice lake and you will definitely enjoy your time there. If you have any spare time that weekend take a cruse and enjoy the lake a little, water is warm and clean is an understatement. There is all kind of arms and coves to explore and plenty of stuff to keep you busy. As far as the Poker Run goes, Chris will put on a good poker run and I am sure you will enjoy it as well.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Quite lying to the man. Shasta is dirty, loud and crowded. It basically sucks. Plus its all full so there is no more room...:p;)

Shasta is a very nice lake and you will definitely enjoy your time there. If you have any spare time that weekend take a cruse and enjoy the lake a little, water is warm and clean is an understatement. There is all kind of arms and coves to explore and plenty of stuff to keep you busy. As far as the Poker Run goes, Chris will put on a good poker run and I am sure you will enjoy it as well.

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Havent been there in, oh my God, 40+ years but all I remember was it was COLD, I guess its changed huh? NSF

·
Registered
391 Posts
I haven't been in probably 10 years. Shasta is pretty clean compared to the lakes I have seen in Az and Socal. There are cleaner ones but it is pretty good. Lots of shoreline to explore and things to do in the area. (Shasta caverns, tour the dam, etc.)

Only complaint I had is that the cops will write you a ticket for violating the no wake speed after "sundown" regardless of the prevailing light conditions. Got stopped and wrote up even though I could still see the lake surface clearly for at least 200 yards. I was only going 30 MPH at the time.

In the area I was from at the time, there is no such regulation.

·
40' of Skater
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Holy hell.... Erik you seriously going to drive 15+ hours for a poker run?
Dude, I don't know. I just want to do a few Poker Runs this year and my pops is feeling good. Taylor met a girl at Desert Storm and she kept telling us how great the boating is up there too. But..........15 f*cking hours!!:)sphss When we raced Hangtown for the Outdoor Nationals it sucked, and that was in a boxvan with no trailer speed limit, not to mention an Oversized Load.......

Will I get busted for noise? The 5" inch dry pipes are not quiet.:)st

Hotels? Are they close and will they be full?

How about the launch ramps?

Sorry for all of the questions.:D

Erik

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
and we use the term "Poker Run" very loosely...... we ain't going this year..... too many issues.:|err

Holy hell.... Erik you seriously going to drive 15+ hours for a poker run?
Erik, contact Bridge Bay. Its a Motel right on the water and they have a launch ramp and parking. Hopefully its early enough in the year that they don't have water level problems. Dunno? Otherwise you should have no problems there even if your boat is big.

BTW there is another poker run on the Delta, Big Cat Poker run put on in Discovery Bay, CA. Maybe someone else can fill you in with the details of that one. From what I've seen more ballers there but the delta is a different deal altogether.

·
40' of Skater
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
and we use the term "Poker Run" very loosely...... we ain't going this year..... too many issues.:|err

Erik, contact Bridge Bay. Its a Motel right on the water and they have a launch ramp and parking. Hopefully its early enough in the year that they don't have water level problems. Dunno? Otherwise you should have no problems there even if your boat is big.

BTW there is another poker run on the Delta, Big Cat Poker run put on in Discovery Bay, CA. Maybe someone else can fill you in with the details of that one. From what I've seen more ballers there but the delta is a different deal altogether.
Yeah, the Poker Run is just something to do. Big Cat kind of makes me nervous. Really tight and I heard it usually has some junk in the water......I don't know.:)sphss Decisions, decisions.:D

Thanks guys for all the info.

Erik

1 - 20 of 26 Posts