Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
It is ludicrous to for the Government to think they are going to have any impact on the 20 Billion + deficit by cutting 70 million in state park funding. 70 million is a very small % of 20 billion but closing state parks will get peoples emotions going.

imo this is a media ploy just as cutting emergency services was in the campaign adds for the special election tax propositions. Government needs to cut the pork, services to illegals, etc., where the real money's at, but refuses to go there instead feeding on what it knows the media will latch onto and have an emotional reaction from citizens.

State parks. What better point to hit than people's recreation and fun time.

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
What amazes me is that most Californians know that the cost related to illegals is a huge and cant do a dam thing about it. Threatening to close areas that bring in tourist dollars is just stupid. If I were planning a trip there and read this I make other arrangements. You folks need change you can count on. Not believe in.

There was a post in here that put a sum to what your tax dollars go to in regards to illegals.

Seams that no matter what party runs Cali you citizens get burned. The same is true for us here in AZ. We have our problems but we did pas a vote that has held so far on verification.

If Cali started drilling more offshore some problems would be cured. Not all but some.

·
Registered
7,144 Posts
Close 'em and let vandals ruin 'em...:|err Why not lease them out to private operators...:)bulb

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
You hit the nail on the head right there Rexie.

imo this is a media ploy just as cutting emergency services was in the campaign adds for the special election tax propositions. Government needs to cut the pork, services to illegals, etc., where the real money's at, but refuses to go there instead feeding on what it knows the media will latch onto and have an emotional reaction from citizens.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
It is ludicrous to for the Government to think they are going to have any impact on the 20 Billion + deficit by cutting 70 million in state park funding. 70 million is a very small % of 20 billion but closing state parks will get peoples emotions going.

State parks. What better point to hit than people's recreation and fun time.
Bingo....its called get the peoples attention, and its working, and the best part is watching Arnold pushing all the right buttons, he is smooth....

·
Nine pieces of Eight
1,377 Posts
I see Pismo is on that list. Wonderful.

Total smucks. Pissing the people gets you the wrong kind of attention I would think.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
It was said on the news this morning that a few state parks were going to be FREE admission for a few weeks this summer. First they have no money to operate them and are going to shut them down then the next day they are free ! These people are good!

·
Registered
672 Posts
We got reservations MONTHS ago for a camping trip, because the parks all book up so fast. Most of them are already paid for in advance...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts