Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there really any thing better in Tequila – Don Julio 1942! I can drink this like a fat lady can drink Diet Coke

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1942 is a good woman. She listens well and only speaks when spoken to.
She smells good too like rich, sweet aromas of caramel and toffee layered with a fresh vanilla fragrance and hints of red fruits like cherry mixed with caramel and almonds. Chocolate tones along with cinnamon and a light touch of wood.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When the wife allows me to have the guys over for a play date, I usually will have the bottle of Patron silver out, this is so I can have more of the 42 to myself! I was the same way with my Evil Knievel Stunt Cycle as a Kid. Hated sharing with all my friend but the few special ones I’d let them play

·
It's good to be alive
1,526 Posts
Yes, one of my favorite Anejo's. Others, Casa Noble (although the Reposado is also fabulous, carmelly, nutty) but.....for the money go to Bevmo and get a bottle of Tonala Suprema Reserva Anejo, 4 year single barrel.....

BTW, I buy the 1942 online at $80/bottle.:D

Look me up when in Havi, I have a little colllection.

·
Premium Member
1,953 Posts
Yes, one of my favorite Anejo's. Others, Casa Noble (although the Reposado is also fabulous, carmelly, nutty) but.....for the money go to Bevmo and get a bottle of Tonala Suprema Reserva Anejo, 4 year single barrel.....

Can you please steer me to the 20% off 1942? I love the stuff and am always looking to find it cheaper. You can PM me if you do not wish to publicly post it.

Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Sounds like a plan! I’ll even bring a couple of my favs. Can you send me the link; I spend about +-100.00 a bottle :mad:

·
Above The Wet Spot
491 Posts
Can you please steer me to the 20% off 1942? I love the stuff and am always looking to find it cheaper. You can PM me if you do not wish to publicly post it.

Thanks

X2

Thanks

Reserva De La Familia makes for a nice house swill:)devil

·
Registered
264 Posts

That's some good stuff. With the economy the way it is has anyone cut back on what kind of alcohol they buy? I've saved money in every category i can but when it comes to beer and hard alcohol i still splurge. :)sphss

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's some good stuff. With the economy the way it is has anyone cut back on what kind of alcohol they buy? I've saved money in every category i can but when it comes to beer and hard alcohol i still splurge. :)sphss
Absolutely not, It’s the good alcohol that gives me the false sense of security everything is going to be ok. Take that away and I might freak out over the reality of it all!

·
It's good to be alive
1,526 Posts
Delta and Huck, PM sent

Walgreens has the Casa Noble Blanco for $28, its $46 on that link and elsewhere. I would put it up against the Clase Azul which is my favorite Blanco (and I am not a Blanco guy). While you are ordering, multiple bottle shipping discount, get the Casa Noble Reposado. You will not be disapointed. One of my fave Repo's. Although you pay shipping, no tax.

BTW the 1942 is maybe $15-18 a shot around here. I was at Mandolay Bay the other day and they wanted $42 - NOT. Also, "Tequila and Tacos" in the Luxor has a great selection (200+-) and great food.

Hint for the tequila sippers (not those that order Petron, lime, salt):

Order your tequilas in a small snifter so you can smell it (nose it like wine or good scotch) but mostly because a shot glass limits the size of the pour:D

Tequila, the new Scotch!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Delta and Huck, PM sent

Walgreens has the Casa Noble Blanco for $28, its $46 on that link and elsewhere. I would put it up against the Clase Azul which is my favorite Blanco (and I am not a Blanco guy). While you are ordering, multiple bottle shipping discount, get the Casa Noble Reposado. You will not be disapointed. One of my fave Repo's. Although you pay shipping, no tax.

BTW the 1942 is maybe $15-18 a shot around here. I was at Mandolay Bay the other day and they wanted $42 - NOT. Also, "Tequila and Tacos" in the Luxor has a great selection (200+-) and great food.

Hint for the tequila sippers (not those that order Petron, lime, salt):

Order your tequilas in a small snifter so you can smell it (nose it like wine or good scotch) but mostly because a shot glass limits the size of the pour:D

Tequila, the new Scotch!!
Some of these prices are great! Last weekend I bought a bottle of Penca Azul Reposado, I paid way way more than 76.00! Thank you for the hook up!

·
JryLineman
172 Posts
The 1942 is very good . I like it better then the 400 dollar Real. Jose Cuervo Reserva De La Familia is one of my favorites , you won't believe it's Jose Cuervo;).

Just last week I opened up my bottle of Patron Burdeos. WOW. The hints of Bordeaux that isn't overpowered by the tequila is amazing. Very good with Desserts.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts