Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just went and tested the HI_HELIX B cut.it is 102 right know with 98 percent humidity and the 496 turned the impeller 5900 rpm.

it turned the A-cut impeller, close to the same weather 5000 rpm 2 weeks ago.

guys i have never had a boat hook up like this one does.it will not slip at all.

bites the f-in water something fierce imo.boat is a very quick e.t.

travis:)devil:)devil:)devil:)devil

that is a little over 700hp according to the A/T chart scott seastrum has.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,033 Posts
Radar....GPS.....something. RPMs only tell us it's reving higher. :)bulb

S CP :D

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes it run 91.9-92.3mph on the the gps.which imo is not where it should be,but the boat does e.t quickly or atleast we think it does.so hell if i know.

i just like the ****ing IMPELLER,lol!!!!!

coby we are more than pleased.:)grn:)grn:)grn:)grn:)grn:)grn

p.s. this is in a tx-19,i didnt want anyone thinking it was my taylor sj!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay maybe you should school me then;)coby turnes 6000rpm he made 700 something.

the weather is horrible here and i turned it 5900 so wtf.

if you are trying to make a statement about something i have no use for it:)hand

our boat runs good and we like it.travis

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,033 Posts
900 rpm = 6mph+/-

92 mph at 5,900 in a TX-19 sounds respectable. I think the CP ran 92 at 5,800 with the Legend "A" cut. Or pretty damn close to those numbers. The fastest it ever ran at lower rpms was 92-93 @ 5,200 with an AT 9.25 AA ( like a Berk AAA) way back around 1993-'94 , damn I'm geting old :|err

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
900 rpm = 6mph+/-

92 mph at 5,900 in a TX-19 sounds respectable. I think the CP ran 92 at 5,800 with the Legend "A" cut. Or pretty damn close to those numbers. The fastest it ever ran at lower rpms was 92-93 @ 5,200 with an AT 9.25 AA ( like a Berk AAA) way back around 1993-'94 , damn I'm geting old :|err

that what we have figured,me and scott seastrum.it is about right on the mph.if the weather was better and all im sure it will do more:D

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
okay maybe you should school me then;)coby turnes 6000rpm he made 700 something.

the weather is horrible here and i turned it 5900 so wtf.

if you are trying to make a statement about something i have no use for it:)hand

our boat runs good and we like it.travis
Glad it runs well. I had mentioned before that you will need over 700hp to turn it to 6000 that's all.

In sh*t air at bakersfield (4500da) I turn 5850 rpm with an inducer on motor. At Elsinore in 4000 da I turned it 6250 on the bottle. Like I said it takes more power than most people think to turn the HH impeller. That's all. With the A cut you weren't able to let the motor spin to get high enough on its hp curve to overcome the impeller. The difference in an A cut HH and a B cut HH is not going to be 1000 rpm for most cases. Your's was different because of afore mentioned reason.

For a real test I would first try a fully prepped HH B Impeller compared to a fully prepped standard SS B impeller and see what happens. Then cut each impeller necessary so that they turn the identical RPM, and then run a pass with each impeller turning the same RPM and see which et's better and which mph better. My bet would be that the HH will et better and the standard impeller with mph better.

That would be the real apples to apples test.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.