·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey Mr. Econ 101, did you follow this link? Or do you even care? I'd like to hear your opinion on this. :)hand

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
So many things wrong..

IMO, there are so many things wrong with our immigration policies that we need to start over with the basics... Australia has it right, "Welcome, but, IF we allow you into our Country you MUST become an Australian... You MUST obey our laws and our customs. If you like your laws and customs so much, stay there"... And it goes on about loyalty etc etc...
When America allows legal immigration there are laws on the books that pretty much say the same things, but that section(s) seem to have gone by the wayside.. Legal immigrants, in order to become citizens MUST learn our laws and language, pass a test to prove it, and hopefully become "Americanized" into our society. Our first mistake was allowing bilingual ballots. Why? The right to vote requires citizenship, and citizenship requires that immigrants "Read, write, and understand English". So why would we ever need bilingual ballots??
After generations of immigrants from all over the world have successfully fulfilled these basic requirements it seems that we have forgotten them...
Now, more than ever before, we have immigrants that want to be here, but in reality want to continue living as though they are in their "home" country. No where is this more obvious than with the Muslims. Sure, the Mexicans want to retain parts of their heritage, just as the Asians do with their "Chinatowns" spread across the US, but no other group wants exclusive rights to make their own laws, or follow their own customs, (Sharia law), like the Mideastern immigrants do... Most of them have no intention of becoming citizens and just want to live here while they wait for the Muslims to take over..
Ray
PS Sorry, a bit off topic, but the Texas "Muzzy day" is a prime example and they do seem to get all butt hurt easier than other nationalities..

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Hey Mr. Econ 101, did you follow this link? Or do you even care? I'd like to hear your opinion on this. :)hand
I don't think he knows what a link is or how they work FC. He's said several times none of us support or opinions. Yet most of the guy's taking positions in here add links to support their opinion. But apparently they either don't show up on his computer or he isn't smart enough to know how to open them.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
IMO, there are so many things wrong with our immigration policies that we need to start over with the basics... Australia has it right, "Welcome, but, IF we allow you into our Country you MUST become an Australian... You MUST obey our laws and our customs. If you like your laws and customs so much, stay there"... And it goes on about loyalty etc etc...
When America allows legal immigration there are laws on the books that pretty much say the same things, but that section(s) seem to have gone by the wayside.. Legal immigrants, in order to become citizens MUST learn our laws and language, pass a test to prove it, and hopefully become "Americanized" into our society. Our first mistake was allowing bilingual ballots. Why? The right to vote requires citizenship, and citizenship requires that immigrants "Read, write, and understand English". So why would we ever need bilingual ballots??
After generations of immigrants from all over the world have successfully fulfilled these basic requirements it seems that we have forgotten them...
Now, more than ever before, we have immigrants that want to be here, but in reality want to continue living as though they are in their "home" country. No where is this more obvious than with the Muslims. Sure, the Mexicans want to retain parts of their heritage, just as the Asians do with their "Chinatowns" spread across the US, but no other group wants exclusive rights to make their own laws, or follow their own customs, (Sharia law), like the Mideastern immigrants do... Most of them have no intention of becoming citizens and just want to live here while they wait for the Muslims to take over..
Ray
PS Sorry, a bit off topic, but the Texas "Muzzy day" is a prime example and they do seem to get all butt hurt easier than other nationalities..
Moneypit, this is the problem. Since you live in California you will understand. We need one language not 49...BBD

ORANGE COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD CANDIDATES : Elementary School Districts - Los Angeles Times

·
83 Crusader - 468 BBC
2,525 Posts

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well said Ray. English should be our official language. This bi-lingual bullshit is costing us millions.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
I don't think he knows what a link is or how they work FC. He's said several times none of us support or opinions. Yet most of the guy's taking positions in here add links to support their opinion. But apparently they either don't show up on his computer or he isn't smart enough to know how to open them.
:signhuh:
I wasn't going to respond to this link, as I don't totally disagree.
However, "ICECREAM" has posted in a manner that is directed at me.
Mr. ICECREAM posted, "He's said several times 'none of us' support or opinions."
This goes to what I have said all along about certain posters changing what was said and then posting something else as fact.
I know better than to make a general statement like that.
It would appear that it must be OK to make up whatever one wants, and believe the :sheep1: will join.
I'm better educated than that and try to keep things truthful.

As a matter of fact, some posters do have valid points, and in some cases even had links to support their reasons. Many didn't though.
I applaud those who either knew what they were wanting to share or researched the topic.

Since education has been talked about in this thread, perhaps Mr. ICECREAM should either learn to spell or use spell check.
Maybe someone would like to help him? "He's said several times none of us support or opinions."
Mr. ICECREAM, "OR" doesn't appear to be right word, but then in your world, who cares if it's right or not.

PS - Moneypit
THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT ME, APPARENTLY THE "PEEPS" STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:signhuh:
I wasn't going to respond to this link, as I don't totally disagree.
However, "ICECREAM" has posted in a manner that is directed at me.
Mr. ICECREAM posted, "He's said several times 'none of us' support or opinions."
This goes to what I have said all along about certain posters changing what was said and then posting something else as fact.
I know better than to make a general statement like that.
It would appear that it must be OK to make up whatever one wants, and believe the :sheep1: will join.
I'm better educated than that and try to keep things truthful.

As a matter of fact, some posters do have valid points, and in some cases even had links to support their reasons. Many didn't though.
I applaud those who either knew what they were wanting to share or researched the topic.

Since education has been talked about in this thread, perhaps Mr. ICECREAM should either learn to spell or use spell check.
Maybe someone would like to help him? "He's said several times none of us support or opinions."
Mr. ICECREAM, "OR" doesn't appear to be right word, but then in your world, who cares if it's right or not.

PS - Moneypit
THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT ME, APPARENTLY THE "PEEPS" STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND THAT.
A 5 - 10 word sentence would have sufficed to address ICM's post, but again making it about you, you write a mini novel. You tried to belittle me about "creative writing" and my writing skills at one point... for what? You seem to have that all sewn up.

Again another post for "me" about "me" instead of addressing the issue simply and commenting on the subject at hand. You seem to dramatize everything. Now the PRF has it's own drama queen of sorts. LOL!!! :)sphss

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Dillousional

A 5 - 10 word sentence would have sufficed to address ICM's post, but again making it about you, you write a mini novel. You tried to belittle me about "creative writing" and my writing skills at one point... for what? You seem to have that all sewn up.

Again another post for "me" about "me" instead of addressing the issue simply and commenting on the subject at hand. You seem to dramatize everything. Now the PRF has it's own drama queen of sorts. LOL!!! :)sphss

:gathering:....Talk about being insecure, you are embarrassing yourself as you weren't addressed.
I have no idea what you're talking about when you say I belittled you.
I didn't refer to you as far as I know, if I did, you'll have to explain.
Did I use your name? No.

I did not try to belittle you about "creative writing" and you're writing skills at one point. You're not the only individual that has those traits, and no, my comment wasn't directed at you, even though it may apply.
I make an attempt to ignore your posts as they ramble and tend to be incoherent as well as just fabricating things to excess as you go along.

Go away kid, you bother me.

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Lawmaker sorry For Asking Texas Muslims To Pledge Allegiance To U.S.

:sheep1:
You don't need my opinion, how about the opinion of the Texas Lawmaker who made the statement, who you and others want to make such a big deal.
As usual, your facts are wrong as well as the Tea Party not being informed.
Lawmaker Sort Of Sorry For Asking Texas Muslims To Pledge Allegiance To U.S. | ThinkProgress

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:gathering:....Talk about being insecure, you are embarrassing yourself as you weren't addressed.
I have no idea what you're talking about when you say I belittled you.
I didn't refer to you as far as I know, if I did, you'll have to explain.
Did I use your name? No.

I did not try to belittle you about "creative writing" and you're writing skills at one point. You're not the only individual that has those traits, and no, my comment wasn't directed at you, even though it may apply.
I make an attempt to ignore your posts as they ramble and tend to be incoherent as well as just fabricating things to excess as you go along.

Go away kid, you bother me.
There ya go again. Nice job. You talk a lot of nonsense or just have plain bad memory. First you say it, and then you did not.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:sheep1:
You don't need my opinion, how about the opinion of the Texas Lawmaker who made the statement, who you and others want to make such a big deal.
As usual, your facts are wrong as well as the Tea Party not being informed.
Lawmaker Sort Of Sorry For Asking Texas Muslims To Pledge Allegiance To U.S. | ThinkProgress

Think Progress dot org? ;) Just a bunch of well chosen snips.

Clarification does NOT equal an apology. Anyone else here her apologize? I didn't. :no:

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
There ya go again. Nice job. You talk a lot of nonsense or just have plain bad memory. First you say it, and then you did not.
Lies:)
So why didn't you post what you claim I said? I stated that I didn't know what you're talking about, and still don't
It should be easy to point out what you're claiming, if it's true.:cowdodo:

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Think Progress dot org? ;) Just a bunch of well chosen snips.

Clarification does NOT equal an apology. Anyone else here her apologize? I didn't. :no:

googleisthemaster:)
It seems others think she tried to apologize, a little late, but she tried. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1JcVS7dlZM
She said a stupid thing and you seem to support the stupid comments. No surprise though.
You apparently can't read, listen and certainly don't comprehend.
Have you always been so narrow minded, or is this something recent?

·
Registered
499 Posts
And the second post calling someone "narrow minded".
A liberal arguing for the sake of arguing like Doc said... Yup, no doubt!!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Why should she apologize at all?:)bulb Plain and simple.......this is America abide by our laws and customs,pledge to our country, or get the fuck out..........Go back where you came from......

·
Registered
5,853 Posts
Why should she apologize at all?:)bulb Plain and simple.......this is America abide by our laws and customs,pledge to our country, or get the fuck out..........Go back where you came from......
Maybe because she spoke without knowing the whole story.
What a stupid comment, she apologized, so maybe you should ask her.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts