Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Only thing keeping me from the lake is my broken controller. Basically I stupidly sand locked locked the gate and jerked the handle breaking the metal holding the directional cable. Anyone know if parts are avaliable? I really don't want to buy aftermarket if I can help it...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

I think ive narrowed the controller down to a Teleflex CH2200. I haven't had a chance to remove the controller from the boat but I think Ive found a used replacement on ebay.

Basically when I sand locked the gate, I only had reverse and panicked trying to unstick it and the rear upper ear holding the directional cable snapped loose. After getting the bucket unstuck (small rock seriously jammed) I had to zip tie the crap out of the cables to get back to the marina.

Needless to say my first trip on the lake with my jet was quite a learning experience...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got a replacement on the way but after getting it off im not sure the cables in the boat are gonna work.

Currently the cable has a large square holder on it that was bolted to the part i am holding with pliers. At some time previously somebody had ground that section flat and drilled a hole so only that tiny ear was holding the entire cable.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts