Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)devilI'm sure all of you know Wayne was able to get his dads boat back prior to me towing the gem home. as bad as i wanted it and can afford it , it wasn't money that changed my mind. it was the fact I looked for years for my dads Sanger mini and found it and got it and it has alot of meaning. i felt Wayne and you all better agree this boat belonged in his garage to be built for him as tribute to a father son fun. I am so glad you have it Wayne. nowwww. Wayne was so kind to send me a t shirt of his boat as a thank you. thats more than i could ask for , knowing i helped a fellow get a chance to have something that means that much to him was great for me, because i know how it is. all the good people here i have met support me but what sucks is i had several pm' from others that didn't care telling me to buy it or pissed because they were second in line and how i had something to do with squeezing him in . (damn right it was his boat) anyway or sell to make profit. I'm blown away, but hey wait till they want a boat that has meaning. Wayne thank you for the shirt bro your a great man as all my Buddy's are here . remember pics

·
Future GN Racer!
2,216 Posts
Great post, I know Scott (the guy that owned the boat), and what a great guy!!! He was just as excited to return the boat as Wayne was to get it. To me, that is what this passion is all about. Fun, friends, and family. I can only hope to build as strong a relationship with my 2 boys as I have had the pleasure of reading about. I for one say; GREAT JOB....:)devil

Lock

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
If only our elected representatives in Sacto and Washington could handle things the way you Dan and Wayne have, this State and Country could again be what we once were. Good things happen to good people and both of you deserve nothing but the best.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know what its like. it means alot to me to work on the sanger mini day with my dad. when hes not there working with me i cant seem to work on it because its something we do together. as a kid i made alot of trips to the tool box to get him a particular wrench or what ever he needed to get the hull built. i even recently found old instant photographs of the boat when it was brought home new as a blank hill in the rain. other pics are found with the boat not done. its cool to see these . i get my 7 year old daughter involved with this particular build because thats about how old I was when i helped my dad. only thing is , she insists to paint the boat pink and thats where i draw the line. there will be a day and i hope its never here when my father leaves me because the man upstairs needs his help. this boat will be closest thing to me of him besides for great memories and pictures. ill post pics of what i found of the mini as it was named the "shy town hustler" .

·
''GHOST of COLDFIRE''
1,887 Posts
:)devilI'm sure all of you know Wayne was able to get his dads boat back prior to me towing the gem home. as bad as i wanted it and can afford it , it wasn't money that changed my mind. it was the fact I looked for years for my dads Sanger mini and found it and got it and it has alot of meaning. i felt Wayne and you all better agree this boat belonged in his garage to be built for him as tribute to a father son fun. I am so glad you have it Wayne. nowwww. Wayne was so kind to send me a t shirt of his boat as a thank you. thats more than i could ask for , knowing i helped a fellow get a chance to have something that means that much to him was great for me, because i know how it is. all the good people here i have met support me but what sucks is i had several pm' from others that didn't care telling me to buy it or pissed because they were second in line and how i had something to do with squeezing him in . (damn right it was his boat) anyway or sell to make profit. I'm blown away, but hey wait till they want a boat that has meaning. Wayne thank you for the shirt bro your a great man as all my Buddy's are here . remember pics
Thanks again Dan i was out there this weekend and just stared at it. I dont know how anybody could be upset. I could have made a hefty offer to BUY it and f#@k up the whole deal but i had respect for the guy that made the deal. I didnt sleep that night after i found out it resurfaced. Scotts a stand up guy and Dans a true v drive family member and grew up like i did around family boating! Again Thanks see you at camp far with ski in hand!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts