Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got home from an unreal weekend in phoenix. Had a helluva time with the red cup racing crew and met some great folks at the track. Wanna thank everyone that came by the pit and made us feel welcome.

First I gotta thank John Cogan from Concept Marine and Lucas Oil for backing the 999 boat at this race. Couldn't have made it without your help.

Mikef and Blue Wonder- for the stellar pit help. These guys are no joke and when the boat damn near sunk on the trailer the three of us r & r'd the jet pump between rounds like it was no big deal. We ran the number right off the trailer on thursday and kept it there almost until the end. good weekend guys!

CP Pistons, Paul Pfaff Racing Engines, and C&J Engineering- the engine ran like a champ all season and is still in one piece. I think we gave the vdrive guys a little competition this weekend. Brian it was great seeing you at the track.

Bergeron and Fuentes- thanks for the suction housing gaskets. you guys saved our weekend for sure.

The Hot Damn Hondo team- thanks for the n20 refills. Class act right there. We were racing in the same class and these guys helped us out anyway.

Shoemaker- thanks for the laughs.

CS19/Jack McClure- thanks for all the help at the track.

i know i'm forgetting stuff but i'll post up later after i've had a nap.

later!

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah does anyone have any video of my passes? would love to see some of the racing.

·
Registered
417 Posts
just got home from an unreal weekend in phoenix. Had a helluva time with the red cup racing crew and met some great folks at the track. Wanna thank everyone that came by the pit and made us feel welcome.

First I gotta thank John Cogan from Concept Marine and Lucas Oil for backing the 999 boat at this race. Couldn't have made it without your help.

Mikef and Blue Wonder- for the stellar pit help. These guys are no joke and when the boat damn near sunk on the trailer the three of us r & r'd the jet pump between rounds like it was no big deal. We ran the number right off the trailer on thursday and kept it there almost until the end. good weekend guys!

CP Pistons, Paul Pfaff Racing Engines, and C&J Engineering- the engine ran like a champ all season and is still in one piece. I think we gave the vdrive guys a little competition this weekend. Brian it was great seeing you at the track.

Bergeron and Fuentes- thanks for the suction housing gaskets. you guys saved our weekend for sure.

The Hot Damn Hondo team- thanks for the n20 refills. Class act right there. We were racing in the same class and these guys helped us out anyway.

later!
The guy made a quick cameo with the 019 for the day and was not very suprised with the finney and how well you ran (esp. 2nd part of the season), from your driving to the boat performance...the guy was impressed. Btw, sr is still red you kicked me in the nutz @ elsinore duex...the guy was not happy lol

great job,

the guys just sayin

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much time did you have between rounds? You had enough time to remove that pump, reseal the transom plates and let the silicone dry?
we had about 1 hour.

the silicone dried enough for the boat not to sink. we had leaks but nothing the bilge pump couldn't keep ahead of.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Tried to get a picture of the guy next to 418 to place on the wall at the bar........missed the opporotunity.:)st
the guy thinks the "eye ball" is just a squosh slow on the disneyland skill, but the guy will sleep with 1 eye open sence he pushed the envelope and watch it bend comment. The guy was scared with the I balls response, aka evil glare!

just sayin lol

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
we had about 1 hour.

the silicone dried enough for the boat not to sink. we had leaks but nothing the bilge pump couldn't keep ahead of.
next time in phx and need some thing let me know. it was nice to meet you mike your boat runs strong... jake

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Mike, congrats on a great weekend!!!!! Those two 8 flats were impressive!!! See you guys out there next year!!!

·
FAT GUY IN A TPR STEALTH
1,828 Posts

later!
you forgot the CHANDLER P D for the ride ......lol

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Mike, congrats on a great weekend!!!!! Those two 8 flats were impressive!!! See you guys out there next year!!!
we actually had 3 8 flats...8.000, 8.007, 8.009, and a 7.994...had a great weekend...sometimes its alot more fun to help than it is to drive!!!!...red cup crew was awsome all weekend...good times for sure:D

F

·
0 Posts
we actually had 3 8 flats...8.000, 8.007, 8.009, and a 7.994...had a great weekend...sometimes its alot more fun to help than it is to drive!!!!...red cup crew was awsome all weekend...good times for sure:D
your such a pile guy!

·
Distinguished Member
5,780 Posts
Congrads Mike :)hand

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Enjoyed meeting you. Finally got to put a face with the name Cyclone. Beautiful boat. One of my favorites. Duane HTP

·
Registered
419 Posts
Good Job... I stood down and watched Friday's Run's and the Class of 9.0s and 8.0s was looking Insane.... A Whole Bunch of Boy's and Girls were running the 0.numbers and I kept saying it was going to be a War! Thank God for Jet Show ups... Made for strong classes... Talk to Ya!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts