Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Old Skool Member
6,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again Darrel comes thru and I wanted to thank him publically.

I took my Bennington into Savage for my 20 hour service and on the way there I remembered I needed a oil change and tire rotation. I got in touch with Darrel and asked if there was any way they could take care of my truck while I was having the boat serviced. He talked to a service writer and got me right in after I dropped the boat off at Savage. Darrel even did the work on the truck which makes me feel good just in the fact that he is such a stand up guy and I know he won't upsell me or whatever a lot of dealerships do. Keep in mind I have a Chevy and he is at a Ford Dealer....lol Anyhow, the truck is done when the boat is done and I was off on my way back home.

I appreciate it Darrel. If I was you I would open up my own shop as it would do very well!

·
Islander Trailer Trash#23
1,520 Posts
Good to hear there's someone from the boards that works @ Bradley Ford. The last 2 times I've taken my Expedition in there for service something went wrong after I picked it up.

One time I was having problems w/my vehicle starting along w/some other electrical problems. I thought it needed a new battery. They ended up changing the battery but didn't even notice the battery cable was corroded. The bad cable was what was causing all of the problems. It's unfortunate that I don't have confidence in Bradley because I stay out in Havi all of July & August.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Ya Darrel is a good guy...even for a toon guy...wonder if he'll change his screen name from SHADOW to ......SHAPED LIKE A TOON? ....Sorry D...I had to go there...

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Good to hear there's someone from the boards that works @ Bradley Ford. The last 2 times I've taken my Expedition in there for service something went wrong after I picked it up.

One time I was having problems w/my vehicle starting along w/some other electrical problems. I thought it needed a new battery. They ended up changing the battery but didn't even notice the battery cable was corroded. The bad cable was what was causing all of the problems. It's unfortunate that I don't have confidence in Bradley because I stay out in Havi all of July & August.
Sorry for your experience at Bradley.
Just thinking here but did you come in and request a battery to be insatlled?
Not making excuses here but if thats the case they probablly handed it to one of the "lubers" hourly kids and said throw a battery in it and thats what they did.No excuse they should have caught the cable!
If it was written up for check electrical concern/and starting concern it would have had a proper diagnosis and recomemded a battery,cable plus whatever else the tech found.
either way next time in ask for me and i'll try to either do the work if it's along my line of work or atleast track it through the shop.

·
Islander Trailer Trash#23
1,520 Posts
Sorry for your experience at Bradley.
Just thinking here but did you come in and request a battery to be insatlled?
Not making excuses here but if thats the case they probablly handed it to one of the "lubers" hourly kids and said throw a battery in it and thats what they did.No excuse they should have caught the cable!
If it was written up for check electrical concern/and starting concern it would have had a proper diagnosis and recomemded a battery,cable plus whatever else the tech found.
either way next time in ask for me and i'll try to either do the work if it's along my line of work or atleast track it through the shop.
I told them that my electrical was doing weird things and it was starting funny. I will definitely ask for you next time. It is very convenient for me to have my car serviced there because I live about 45 minutes from my dealer in Cali.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I told them that my electrical was doing weird things and it was starting funny. I will definitely ask for you next time. It is very convenient for me to have my car serviced there because I live about 45 minutes from my dealer in Cali.
Just shoot me a pm next time if you know in advance you will be coming in and i will definately do anything i can do to help.
I normally don't do oil oil changes but if i know the people i will take care of them myself so they can have thier car serviced with confidence knowing the person who did the work.
look forward to seeing you next time.:)

·
Registered
641 Posts
Darrel set me up with the right guy in their shop to fix the electrical in the tilt wheel instead of $$$ way the Cal. guys wanted to do. But that was a few years ago, before he got all famous.
Thanks, Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts