Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 418 is back and its badd ass!

Thanks to these people who made it happen.. Pfaff for the best machine work and help with the parts. Gordy and Higgins thanks guys, you guys are the best and thanks for everything you guys do for me. Miller for the sick cam, assembly, dynoing, tuning and everything else... Moreland for getting me the trickest pistons ever in a timely manner and Steve at Westech for the great day on the dyno! Had all 8 O2's hooked up, this thing is dialed! Thank you guys so much, couldnt be happier.

1.973 per cubic inch with 4150 carbs and running around the river.

Video of a quick pull from today.

·
Top Fuel Jet
205 Posts
Very nice chris! Can't go wrong when you're getting stuff worked on by mike and tuned by brule'! A potent combination!

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
The 418 is back and its badd ass!

1.973 per cubic inch with 4150 carbs and running around the river.
yt]

Sweet.......

1.973 x what ?

S CP

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
= 11 hundo + :))THumbsUp
I was thinking 565" but it might be a little bigger? ( 1,114 hp)

Bad ass....... with the "small" carbs.

S CP

·
Boat 502
1,298 Posts
Good job Chris! I know you were bummed about the motor issues... Hope to see you over Labor Day.

·
Shifty Racing
689 Posts
Good job Chris! I know you were bummed about the motor issues... Hope to see you over Labor Day.
Looks sweet Chris. See you next weekend :))THumbsUp
LMAO! you know were all at work if its friday night and were posting on PB.^^

Also great work Chris. cant wait to see it run on the river!

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Chris, glad to see your back together & stronger than ever. Sounds like your little mishap must have been a little worse than suspected. What happened to your first engine of the season that required a complete new setup? Just curious, sorry for your misfortune. Hass

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its not a whole new setup. The only change is the camshaft design, all the other parts are exactly the same. Changed 2 pistons only cause I wanted to, didnt even ring it just a fresh hone. Went to a different brand lifter on intake, identical otherwise.

We covered some of this when you were asking about my engine in a PM a few months ago. It broke a lifter, the wheel shattered. Parts break when you race, part of the deal.

Thanks

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LMAO! you know were all at work if its friday night and were posting on PB.^^
Definatly an uneventful friday night. I was at my shop at 4am finishing a job, outta there by 9 or 10, picked up the boat, washed it and was at westech around noon where it was well over 100 (saw 107) and seriously humid in the dyno cell, dropped the motor in the boat after dyno, by the time I got home I collapsed lol. Long ass day but worth it.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Its not a whole new setup. The only change is the camshaft design, all the other parts are exactly the same. Changed 2 pistons only cause I wanted to, didnt even ring it just a fresh hone. Went to a different brand lifter on intake, identical otherwise.

We covered some of this when you were asking about my engine in a PM a few months ago. It broke a lifter, the wheel shattered. Parts break when you race, part of the deal.

Thanks
:))THumbsUp Glad to hear it, thats sounds way less expensive than a total rebuild.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts