Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
The King
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night I'm watching the TV when all of a sudden it makes a loud popping noise and goes blank.

I unplugged it and called it a night. Today, still not working. Some lights are flashing so I do a search and it appears the lamp (its a LCD) has blown. Common problem, so I go online to order the bulb.

I opt to pay a little more for a phillips bulb. :roll:

Of coarse, I gotta pay an extra $30 for overnight shipping with all of the football games this weekend.

$169 and some change! Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark on a guy that hasn't worked for the last three months.

..and the TV is less than three years old. :banghead:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I hear you, we just paid close to $300.00 for our DLP..........OUCH!:)hand

We also got the Phillips.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
I have a sony 5200. The 1st 275.00 bulb went out right at the 1 year mark(covered barely by waranty). The second one made it 9 months(not covered). That s.o.b. went out in 2.5 months(covered by 90 day parts waranty). I'll never buy another t.v. with a focking lamp, or another lamp.:|err:)st

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,102 Posts
Wow, going on three years now on the big DLP, same lamp:)devil
You suck ;)

Mitsubishi DLP on lamp number 4 in 4yrs. Only one under warranty. Took it to a guy this year says he fixed the problem, should have been a Mitsu re-call says the new one should last at least a few years.

S CP :D

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Makes me proud not to have one of these type of TV sets

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
You suck ;)

Mitsubishi DLP on lamp number 4 in 4yrs. Only one under warranty. Took it to a guy this year says he fixed the problem, should have been a Mitsu re-call says the new one should last at least a few years.

My Mitsu 62" has lasted for 3+ years now. The book it came with said that a lamps avg life is 100 hours. That's not much and if the salesman would have told me that, he would have gotten a bigger commission check. The one I really wanted was 3 times more than the one I got.

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Would hate for a bulb to go out during a football game I really wanted to watch.

They are not bad sets, specially when they came out, but you have to calibrate them if you want them to last. Using them in torch mode will wear out the lamp really quick.

·
Premium Member
1,530 Posts
my bulb hasnt gone out yet, but there is some switch that failed. my tv will turn off randomly ... everything else will still stay on. all i gotta do is turn it back on. the piece showed up today and the guy is coming back out tomorrow to fix it.

all taken care of through my extended warranty:)devil

·
Next to this Hottie.
2,234 Posts
LG 50 PX1D ?

Hitachi P42H401? I know its a cheapy but it was only like 800 bones

I am having trouble finding anything for the LG, but here are some suggested settings for the Hitachi.

Contrast 50
Brightness 53
Color 56 (day), 50 (night)
Tint 2 clicks to green (day), 3 clicks to red (night)
Sharpness 33
Color Temperature Medium
Black Enhancement Low
Contrast Mode Normal
Noise Reduction Low
MPEG NR Off
Auto Movie Mode On
Black Side Panel Off

Night would be for movie watching and day, well use that for cable/sat wheter day or night. Picture might look dimm at first, but give it a chance, it should be a smoother more natural picture with less noise.

·
Registered
219 Posts
You suck ;)

We must have the same Mitsubishi DLP tv 3 lamps in 3.5 years. Thank GOD I got the extended warranty form Best Buy.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts