Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had some time to get rigging on the boat this weekend and made alot of progress, wont be long now!

Pretty typical rig for one of our 17's except im using a different flooring material and did some custom things in the dash area etc

Should be jumping beaverdams etc pretty soon now

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of paint on the top?Is it going to have a sbc?
Zolatone, its what we use on all the Outlaw boats, really durable and pefect for what one does with a 17 X Sport lol Lets face it these boats dont exactly get babied! The Onyx was the only colour that I liked enough to try it. I dont think its ever been put on a 17 Sport

The motor is all Merc! 240 Sportjet, pretty good package for this type of boat, 2 aboard she does a hair over 60 mph and isnt too hard on the back when it comes time to push, and lets face it that happens more than you'd think!

Attachments

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:)grnThere are not any rocky rivers here in FL just hitting gators.
hmmmm, that may be interesting LOL

Seriously tho I think one of the most insane rides I ever had was with my buddy Mark in Michigan (in the picture with his white 17 X Sport) running through a marshy area with bulrush's about 3 feet high. I believe we were making a run with jumper cables and a second battery to "charge" it but man what a rush it was! Mark really knew those side channels which were only 8-10 feet wide at times. We came flying around one corner and almost hit a deer that we'd spooked which had jumped into the water right in front of us LOL

The 17 doesnt need rocks to be fun, just tight channels where 50 mph suddenly feels like 150

Cheers

Attachments

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Where's this at? That's a very nice picture!!!

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Don't fall in that water!!! Makes me cold just looking at it!!!:D

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
not to be too far off subject but what would one of the 21 tunnels do with about 800 hp big block in one

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not to be too far off subject but what would one of the 21 tunnels do with about 800 hp big block in one
Most likely 105+ depending on setup.

The owners race boat has seen high teens with somewhere between 8-900 (its not exactly "known" :D ) and thats with two guys and race setup, 63 gal fuel tanks cage etc

A 720 HP 572 can make one hit 100,set up correctly. We should get VAMI from Florida to post up some #'s of his rig.

The bare hull is 640 lbs standard and the lighweight 525 (with intake)

Cheers

Attachments

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
what are your 21's running price know with a intake for a berk in them

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
what are your 21's running price know with a intake for a berk in them
Bare hull is $13500 with intake and 9 bar grate. lightweight model is an extra $620 and the FX lightweight is $925 (85 and 105 lbs lighter)

We'll sell the hull completely bare or at any stage of rigging all the way to turnkey. We "can" sell the boat without an intake altho for those not familiar with aluminum boats and our tunnel design I would highly and strongly suggest going with a setup based on our recommendations at least to start. There are many many hours of racing in these hulls and generally we have a good idea what works and doesnt.

I was out in a 19 X Sport last nite with a healthy 434 SBC and wow what a boat. pulled really hard and was hitting high 70's before we were encountering loading issues. Once its setup it should be a potent boat and run in the mid/high 80's. previous owner with a similar 434 was seeing 88 with it. I kinda laughed when I first saw the paint scheme but it grew on me fast! Ill post a few pics when i have them(sorry for the crappy phone pictures the boat is most definitely orange)

Cheers

Attachments

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
im not looking to race just trying to be one of the elite aluminum boat guys but trying to be one of the first in mohave county, az on the colorado river

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
im not looking to race just trying to be one of the elite aluminum boat guys but trying to be one of the first in mohave county, az on the colorado river
Mentioning the race setup was merely to clarify that speeds quoted are with a fair bit of fuel and 2 people aboard and race gear etc Ironically a pleasure boat can likely be made as light if not perhaps lighter than a raceboat(no cage etc)

VAMI needs to pipe up here and give his unbiased thoughts on his tunnel from the persepctive of a former glass boat guy.

We need to get a few of you guys into one of these to start the trend, I think increased cost aside you cannot argue with the weight/strength/performance you get with one of these hulls. The odd rock bashing gravel bar rashing is sorta fun too hehe

Cheers

·
Registered
282 Posts
I would never ever go back to glass.Everything feels so much better,your knees are not sticking above the dash.You can take rougher water.This boat can really last you for the rest of your life,mine sure will.Mine is pretty bare 2 seats, no floor,engine is a 540 makes about 800 and gps at 105 with 2 people.If you can swing it get one.

·
Driver
3,195 Posts
if you dont mind pm me with some info on yours like pump specs boat and trailer cost what work you did your self how much they rigged how much you rigged im really wanting one now that i got a bunch of hp in a 30 yr old v bottom jet i see those vidoes of those boats running flawlessly in less than perfect water at speed

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
if you dont mind pm me with some info on yours like pump specs boat and trailer cost what work you did your self how much they rigged how much you rigged im really wanting one now that i got a bunch of hp in a 30 yr old v bottom jet i see those vidoes of those boats running flawlessly in less than perfect water at speed
you mean like this? :D

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
:)devil:)devil:)devil

:D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts