Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tom Peterson, of Peterson Boat Specialties, Lake Havasu, AZ. has designed the new
Peterson Place Craft. The new design features many improvements over the original
hull and has incorporated modern day technology to create a state of the art 19 ft. jet boat that can be used for pleasure, race or both. The new hull comes from a brand new mold that was tooled by Scott Kornowski. Due to Tom’s attention to detail and Scott’s amazing tooling abilities the new hull is straighter and has more defined body lines than the previous generation Place Craft Tunnel.

The overall length of the boat is now 9” longer allowing for the cockpit area to be 6”
longer than the original design, thus giving the owner more room for gear and more
importantly, more room for rigging. The other 3” was added to the nose creating a
slimmer and sleeker look.

The bottom of the Peterson Place Craft features a new race style drop keel thus allowing to better load the pump with out having to run an excessive amount of shoe in the boat. Not only is this a more efficient way of loading a pump but also safer during shut down. As a safety precaution, the forward area of the center pod has been designed to incorporate a flatter radius to help the boat go straight in the event that it looses power. The new Peterson Place Craft also features a step bottom similar to what you see on most modern day large boats. The 1/8” steps are located a few feet forward of transom on the outside sponsons and on the flats next to the keel on the center pod. The drop steps are designed help free the boat up in flat, sticky water. The recesses for the cavitation plates have also been filled eliminating the need to run them. The lack of cavitation plates also provides a cleaner look to the transom of the Peterson Place Craft. Lastly, the radius's in the corners of the tunnels have also been enlarged allowing for better load displacement thus preventing cracking on the transom and in the corner of the tunnels.

Over all Tom and Scott have done an amazing job redesigning the new Peterson Place Craft. Many of the new features are things that we have modified on my boat or things that we are planning to do in the future. Below are few more pictures of Filucky boats w/ the finished cap job & floors completed by Scott Kornowski. If you have questions or comments please do not hesitate or ask or contact Tom Peterson
at (626)258-7297.

This thing turned out bad ass!! :)devil:)devil:)devil

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Just plain SICK!!! I want one! I really like that he added the keel into the mold and made it with steps. Still not buying the no need for the air plates, but If Tom knows it will work, i will take his word on it.

Kinda makes you wish you waited a few months now huh Jordan? Your is still BADD ASS!

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
glad to see scott getting the recognition. he's been doing this kind of thing for a very long time, and is a perfectionist. he spent tons of time working on that plug, and wouldn't spray the mold until he was totally satisfied. the result speaks for itself.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just plain SICK!!! I want one! I really like that he added the keel into the mold and made it with steps. Still not buying the no need for the air plates, but If Tom knows it will work, i will take his word on it.

Kinda makes you wish you waited a few months now huh Jordan? Your is still BADD ASS!
Tim the new mold/hull is absolutely insane I would get one in a heart beat!!

As far as the cav plates are concerned we're running mine at 0* degrees and the boat is working great. I like the idea of not having them because there are less holes through the bottom and back of the boat and they are a pain to set. They are also an issue on the trailer if you run any kind of down angle in them unless you have the trailer bunks shortened. On top of that the recesses in the other mold are only 3/16 deep meaning that you can only run a 3/16 thick aluminum w/ imo (and a few others) is to thin so for the size and length of the plate. Granted the plates are only in the water for a split second but they do see some load w/ could cause them to bend or warp. We will most likely be flipping mine over this winter and filling that area in.

·
Administrator
11,647 Posts
Some of you guys may not know that Tom worked with me at Rex Marine for over 10 years. Probably more, I lost count. :p

Over a time frame like that you get to know a person and their capabilities and knowledge level pretty well. If Tom recognized the need for these changes spent all this time and effort with Scott to make it reality, you can bet the farm that they are justified and serve a purpose and will be an improvement over all previous hulls of this design. Tom's been around tweaking these boats a very long time and knows exactly how and why they work (or don't work).

Tom is both a straight shooter and he knows his shit on these jets. You can take that to the bank.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Tom is a class act, no BS definitely knows his stuff, this hull is definitely bad ass, but through the years seeing what he has done with these things, I can only imagine what the future holds with this hull, should be very interesting!
One question though, Will Toms next boat (Personal) have a blower on it?!?!?!

·
MAMA TRIED
1,661 Posts
I say 427 (440 or whatever its bored to) comes out gets freshened up and still kept a blown injected alky river boat. The mold came out super nice. Nice work tom and scott.

So whats the overall length now? 19' 9"

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tom is a class act, no BS definitely knows his stuff, this hull is definitely bad ass, but through the years seeing what he has done with these things, I can only imagine what the future holds with this hull, should be very interesting!
One question though, Will Toms next boat (Personal) have a blower on it?!?!?!
He doesn't have a hair on his ass if he does'nt do another Blown Alky deal Huh?
LOL. Guess you guys will have to wait and see.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I say 427 (440 or whatever its bored to) comes out gets freshened up and still kept a blown injected alky river boat. The mold came out super nice. Nice work tom and scott.

So whats the overall length now? 19' 9"
The new length is 19'3"

·
Registered
854 Posts
What is the cost foe one with intake installed?
Give Tom a call, great guy to deal with and not only is he a nice guy to BS with he has a ton of knowlage and is very helpful. As far as the price, that will depend on what you want him to build, layup, colors, floors ect. but i will say that i'm very pleased with the price i paid for what i'm getting. I could have bought any new hull but i went with Tom for several reasons, his boats flat out perform great for the amount of HP you run, his attention to detail is second to none and the boat has a top dollar race bottom straight from the new mold, also i'm having him set the MPD lowpro intake/shoe for me since he is one of the best at setting up Placecrafts.:)

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Nice Hull !!! I think the deck is the coolest part it reminds me of my Chevelle`s hood sort of. That black is sick probably not a great river boat color but A BAD A$$ Drag Boat... If I missed it how much does your typical hull like this weights a River / Race version?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts