Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PB is planning an article on the best lakes and waterways to go boating in the USA, which will mention the very best places to dock and eat, and sights to enjoy.

Your input would be appreciated. Which venues should be added to this short list? Defend your choices.

1. Lake Havasu, AZ

2. Lake of the Ozarks, MO

3. Lake Cumberland, KY

4. California Delta

5. Lake Norman, NC

6. Lake Lanier, GA

7. Lake Travis, TX

8. Raystown Lake, PA

9. Lake Lewisville, TX

10. Lake Murray, SC

·
Registered
133 Posts
Lake mead ---- very nice lake and good places to visit in vegas.

Lake Powell ---- very pretty lake if water level is up.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The lower Willamette River !!! Flows From the Oregon City Falls right thru down town Portland OR and into the Columbia River

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Camp Far West - Where else can you run a blown alcohol hydro or flat just about anytime you want?

·
Administrator
16,894 Posts
Grand Lake Oklahoma

·
Registered
120 Posts
Lake Powell

Dock - any place
Eat - lunch at Antelope, then ice cream at Dangling Rope
Scenery - geology of the place changes with every few miles. How can you beat a hike into Antelope Canyon

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Amite River, Blind River, and Tickfaw River all dump into Lake Maurepas then through Manchac Pass into Lake Pontchartrain. Several bars and restaurants.

The rivers are best for smaller boats, and the lakes for OS.

·
Seriously off center
2,442 Posts
Sounds like it's geared more for bigger boats and lakes. River rats don't "dock" often, but if you want to check out the River below Laughlin I'd be happy to meet you at Lazy Harry's. :happy:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Sounds like it's geared more for bigger boats and lakes. River rats don't "dock" often, but if you want to check out the River below Laughlin I'd be happy to meet you at Lazy Harry's. :happy:

Agreed. Maybe it can be divided into offshore and drag/circle boat or <25' and >25'. Could be enough material for a couple issues?

Sorry Brett, not trying butt into your business. You do a great job!!!

·
Bass Lake Dream'n
3,082 Posts
I think it's a great idea! Do a right up on a different body of water every month. Divide them up by region and size. We read about them and say "that's nice, I think I'll check that place out". Probably get some support from marinas and B & B's.

·
Live it!
215 Posts
in NorCal one cannot forget....

San Francisco Bay*in the late spring or early fall-
one can launch from many places ie but not limited too:
  • Oyster point
  • Benicia
  • Sausalito
  • Alameda
  • Loch Lomond
enjoy the day and/or night, overnight birth (small charge) at Peir 39 shop, lunch then blast over to Oakland for a snack or ??? then run out to Sams for lunch/shopping or have a great lunch at THE FISH in Sausalito and if with a good fuel capacity, run up into the delta, endless possibilities if catching the weather right.
*granted not for flat bottoms but good for deep v or performance cats. The bigger the better if afternoon boating is desired because the winds pick up right after noon time.

·
Premium Member
3,755 Posts
Sacramento River!!!

Red Bluff Diversion Dam . . . . :)Violin

The Sac River is part of the California Delta system which has got to be by far one of the best places for ALL TYPES of boating. Big or little boats.... Food, Drinks, People are all amazing around this area.

Up the Sac River proper beyond downtown and into the Feather and Yuba rivers you can find your way thru some pretty spectacular scenery too.... so I hear ya!!!!

Don Pedro X2 :))THumbsUp:))THumbsUp:))THumbsUp

Dont really see the big draw to Havasu.... Why is it #1? :indifferent0001: cant be scenery

Lake SHASTA!!!! Lake TAHOE HELLO????????? and Bullards Bar, Trinity Lake, Lake Almanor in Nor Cal

Saguaro Lake in AZ ..... ?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts