Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i looked at this boat yesterday evening just at dark. went back today to get some pics.

looks like you guys may have been right and this boat may be too far gone.:(

i dont know if there is even enough there to warrant the purchase price of 500 for parts....

Attachments

·
Registered
349 Posts
it boggles the mind why some people let stuff turn to shit in the weather..

everyone has priorities, but a couple hundred bucks (probably lots less)

spent on some tarps over the years would have this still usable....

--Sherpa

·
A legend to the DNR
1,166 Posts
It is worth $500.00 IMO then when you rebuild it you what you have a boat with a lot of money stuck into it.:)devil

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if i do go get this boat is it possible to fix the delamination problems in it?

is this just a grind out and start over type procedure??

how can i find out what this boat is..i did not see any vin or i.d. plate anywhere.

can anyonr i.d. it from the pics?

·
Antique Member
906 Posts
Project or Boat?

If you are looking for a project to take up your spare time and money is not the object, potentially anything in any condition is viable. If you are looking for something that won't affect your wallet as heavily and the next several years of your life, you may want to look further!! If the last statement is closer to the truth, I have a suggestion. Save your money for a given time period, then shop between Christmas and April 15th. Between Christmas and tax time, the best bargans can be had. Toys for the kids, and $$$ for Uncle Sam. The only exception to this rule is "divorce forces sale". I paid $8,500 for the Cole in mint condition, fresh paint, polish, floor reflowed and new powder coating. Purchase date, 12/24/06. He who rushes into things spends big $$$. He who has patience generally is ahead. Good luck in your boat hunting.
Denis

·
Purple headed member
7,646 Posts
A word from the wise....

If you are looking for a project to take up your spare time and money is not the object, potentially anything in any condition is viable. If you are looking for something that won't affect your wallet as heavily and the next several years of your life, you may want to look further!! If the last statement is closer to the truth, I have a suggestion. Save your money for a given time period, then shop between Christmas and April 15th. Between Christmas and tax time, the best bargans can be had. Toys for the kids, and $$$ for Uncle Sam. The only exception to this rule is "divorce forces sale". I paid $8,500 for the Cole in mint condition, fresh paint, polish, floor reflowed and new powder coating. Purchase date, 12/24/06. He who rushes into things spends big $$$. He who has patience generally is ahead. Good luck in your boat hunting.
Denis
So true Denis.....So true..:)devil

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
If you get the boat and decide to part it out, I'm down for the 4"X8" 'chunk' by the cav plate handle!
CC

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
Not sure with the angle of the pics, but it could be an old Nordic. Delam issues are not impossible to deal with several people on the boards here have handled them.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Really is a shame, looks like the boat has some pretty nice hardware in it.

Which is worth $500 if you had another hull needing the hardware.

·
Break Out Another Thousnd
2,040 Posts
The trailer & parts are definately worth the 500, but I don't think I would consider trying to resto that hull. At least not as a first build.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts