Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lookout I'm Crankin it Baby
6,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So that the Carl's Cleanup Crew (to be referred to in the future as the CCC), project doesn't get blended lost in the Prayer/wishes thread, I am starting this so that anyone interested in helping can follow along. (Thanks to OCMerrill for the suggestion.)

He also suggested that one of the Mods may want to make this a sticky.

Here is where I am so far:

1) Make sure the CC family is on board. I will do this when I speak to his Sis tomorrow.

2) Set a date to meet for the work party. Right now, it looks like either 2/27 or 3/5 are the most likely dates.

3) Keep everyone in the loop. OCMerrill made an excellent suggestion today and that is to post a message and link to this thread on the PB site (I am not a member there) and on any other site that CC participates in so that folks that may not be RDP habitu?s can join up. Any of you all that are members of those sites can help with that if you would be so kind.

Not to put too fine a point on it but the offer of construction trailers is spot on; heavy and light landscaping tools like shovels, chainsaws, clippers, mowers, etc will also be useful. It might also be that renting a rolloff might be the best solution since volunteers will probably be coming and going through at least a day. I?ll check out the cost of doing that as well as the availability and cost of dumping trailer loads. And muscle. Gonna need muscle.

·
world's oldest teenager
685 Posts
From Carl's sister on RD Place

Update Feb 19 @1100
WTF, not good. More blood products, increased BP medications, increased ventilator settings. Again, not good. My sons are arriving about 6pm today. We'll be together for Carl's departure to the heavens above.
Thank you all for the love, prayers and support. Please post pictures of the Campbell Carl regatta. And I want "the shirt".
Just FYI, I hate this. The Circle of life sucks at the end. Anyone/everyone can come to see him today.

Very sad indeed.
Carl we will all miss you.
Dave Kahn

·
Registered
64 Posts
To the family of Campbell Carl. Stay strong in these times of sadness. Miracles do happen. My heart and blessings go out to all in these times.

·
BIG member
1,406 Posts
Wow...hard to believe this is happening. Losing Carl will surely leave a huge void in this community. There will be lots of broken hearts. Carl will be hugely missed always...that is for sure. Godspeed buddy, I'll miss you.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this news. Our thoughts and prayers are with CC and family. If you are looking for a donation to help, I am more than wiling to help. I would help with work crew but I am 600 miles away.

Mike

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
:weary::pray::pray::pray::camera::broken_heart:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Rest in peace Carl

On behalf of the Board of Directors of SCSC & RPM RACING ENTERPRISES we wish to express our deepest sympathies to Campbell Carl's family. Carl was a tremendous supporter and friend to boat racing and he will not be forgotten. We mourn the loss of a true gentlemen. Rest in peace Carl. G-d speed!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts