Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
About 500' AGL
2,471 Posts
Sad deal for sure but I'm still trying to figure out why anybody would be going to one of the hottest places on earth for a camping trip in the middle of the summer. Boggles my mind.

·
Islander Moho Trash
2,119 Posts
Sad deal for sure but I'm still trying to figure out why anybody would be going to one of the hottest places on earth for a camping trip in the middle of the summer. Boggles my mind.
C'mon kids lets go to Def Valley and go camping!

·
I'm baaaaack...
4,365 Posts
We go out there in November and it can get really hot then. I can't imagine going this weekend. I was trying to figure out where they were to be 20 miles east of Trona - that's not a normally traveled route even in winter, that's for sure.

·
100% Pimp 50% of the Time
1,516 Posts
Something seems fishy about that story? Jeep was several miles off dirt road? Camping in the summer in the middle of the desert? 24 bottles of water, pop tarts and cheese sandwiches seem to be enough to sustain for 5 days. Hell the dog lived what is up with that?

·
Other Side of River
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Something seems fishy about that story? Jeep was several miles off dirt road? Camping in the summer in the middle of the desert? 24 bottles of water, pop tarts and cheese sandwiches seem to be enough to sustain for 5 days. Hell the dog lived what is up with that?
This is what keeps you coming back to this place (PB).How did the Dog survive and the innocent kid lost his life?

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
tragic and totally avoidable.

Zero experience+ no companion vehicle + dessert in august= tragedy.

sad sad sad.

my condolences to the family.

UD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts