Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 462 Posts

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
seems it was just put on a shelf somewhere...:hmmm:
True, there are several sitting on the shelf across the country.

Anyone who ever used it had positive feedback. There never was any negative feedback.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
True, there are several sitting on the shelf across the country.

Anyone who ever used it had positive feedback. There never was any negative feedback.
I will second that! My boat was quicker/faster with the duct than it was with the stock bottom that came on the boat(even though it was ordered from CA with the race keel/bottom). BUT,it is much better with the bottom I have on it now than what the duct was doing, although I will say that the shutdown is not nearly as safe as it was with the duct, which is really what he designed it for in the first place, AND I still haven't tried it with the new bottom. I suspect that I would see a gain.
If someone has a boat that they would like to try this on I would be willing to send it. I'm sure Mark would be OK with it.

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
Pics of the "Duct"

That name was first coined by "LVjetboy" (sp ?) back in about 2004.

This must have been one of the first ones as it didn't even have flathead screws :hmmm:

Attachments

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
Something like that has never been tested on a track or anything capable of collecting data, so the results are merely a seat of the pants. So it must haul ass. LOL
That's correct.

Similar to when I posted up my turbo assembly 10 years ago and stated that these turbo's really make some incredible HP and TQ with no track times or data to back it up.
I heard every possible reason why that can't work in a boat, for years.
Years later a select few decided to ignore the masses and plow ahead with a turbo program on a drag boat. They've made a pretty impressive show. :thumb:

You would fit right in with the, "every possible reason why that can't work" group.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Sorry guys, it has been tested at the track ! We ran it this weekend on HIGHNOON and qualified # 1 in QE with it. Along with those turbos ! Sorry but we will not post pics of our hardware.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Sorry guys, it has been tested at the track ! We ran it this weekend on HIGHNOON and qualified # 1 in QE with it. Along with those turbos ! Sorry but we will not post pics of our hardware.

oh come on... a couple of " spy photos" would be great. Do you mount the duct (bottom of it) at the same angle as the keel ?

·
Highaboosta
3,431 Posts
Dan Hercules has one that he never mounted on.
Any West coaster could get that one and bolt it on.
The bolt pattern is specific to the intake although it could be redrilled if necessary.
It's pretty easy to install.

I always wanted to see it run on a heavy hull that couldn't get itself up out of the water.
I think that is where a big potential benefit was.
The bottom of the duct replaces the lost planing surface from the pump intake.

I've sent a few out to those who were anxious to try it,
I fabricated it and sent it out and they never followed through.

·
Boss of the McIntyre Mob
1,981 Posts
My intake needs to be reset. When I re-set it, I would like to try it on my deckboat.

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts

Have you ran back to back passes with and without ?? What was the outcome :hmmm:

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
I see it worked out well for you in eliminations...lol

If you guys are buying that he actually ran this on his boat this past weekend, I've got a bridge to sell you.

·
Registered
868 Posts
If I didn't run it myself I would never have thought it. Ran hard just need to fine tune the leave it seems to lift to hard on the hit throwing my lights off! Also we caught a big mouth bass on the last pass and we slowed down to a 6:08 ET and 131 MPH.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
If I didn't run it myself I would never have thought it. Ran hard just need to fine tune the leave it seems to lift to hard on the hit throwing my lights off! Also we caught a big mouth bass on the last pass and we slowed down to a 6:08 ET and 131 MPH.
LOL...... does it catch catfish? Lol I know someone who is always looking for the latest and greatest! you could make a huge profit! just sayin:D:D

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Gizmos aand gadgets. Lmao.
Something like this is not for the follow the leader crowd such as yourself. Its for the guys not afraid to think outside the box. And thats all these boats are is a bunch of "Gizmos and gadgets".
Being one of the few that has actually ran one I will tell you that it certainly works. I dont want to drill the holes out on my new intake I had put in my boat or I would try it with the new bottom. I can tell you that it had NO negative effects though. Only Positive.
I bet the first guy to weld up a loader & stick it in front of the impeller caught all kinds of flack about just how dangerous of an idea that was. :)bulb lmao
Of course way back then he didnt have all the "internet experts" on his back.

·
Administrator
16,877 Posts
Cough Cough BS Cough Cough

1 - 20 of 462 Posts