Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok here are a few pics of the before . hopefully they will work.. right now the motor is out getting a new oil pan, t,ram , roller rockers, pluming , and a cover to keep the seats from falling apart more.. monday i will get more pics of my custom intake grate i saw as i was picking it up 200 miles away.. i am sure tom will have something to say about that.. lol .. all in all we love the shape of this spectra hull and hope to have many fun filled hours of ski , tube and or family fun.:happy::jabber: . or i will go broke before it is lake ready .. any thoughts or info that would help is welcome.. thanks Robbie

Attachments

·
" Live Laterally "
4,536 Posts
Very cool! Lots of memories coming your way. It may be an obvious but you will need a ski tow. If your gonna redo the interior and be doing a lot of tubing/skiing you might want to change up the back seat arrangement

·
Registered
179 Posts
maybe a wave blocker on the back ( thing that keeps your wake from coming over the back ). Would be useful on a family ride, or at least id have one if mine wasnt just a toy.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
for sure the white motor , i dont know what that was about,, it is black now pics coming tomorrow . i am putting a ski tow on the motor before it goes back in,, now this wake shield or whatever you call it, i am thinking about.. can i get one for this hull or are they all a custom fit? I like the idea of the water not spilling in over the back. .. i like the bench seat in the back how would you change it, or improve it ?? :happy:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry sandeggo but i guess i win.. we really like this boat and are gonna have many fun filled hours on it.. :happy:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
There were a lot of spectral that came with a fiberglass cover that went over the motor. They were a nice touch. You'd probably be hard pressed to find one. Keep the bench seat. You could save money on upholstery by carefully pulling off the seat covers and giving them to an upholstery shop to use as a template and then you can stretch the new ones on.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
I own one of these boats and a cover will most likely not be found! A splash guard is not a bad idea but the Spectra has alot of freeboard more than most 19' boats!
They are great cruisers and will handle power well! Good luck with your project and enjoy your fun!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
update

ok the motor is back in all, nice and solid 4 point mount kit, about half the plumbing ,, needs a bunch of seat wood,, it all crumbled as we worked around and on it ,, that is my dads strong area.. he are couple of pics with the crazy pump intake... W.T ....?? i should have been more clear ,,the cover i was talking about was for the boat not just the motor sorry.. thanks for the replys and info.. it is good to know if i break a fin on my surf board i can pull one off my boat.. holy smokes lol

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
intake grate.

so i guess i will need a new one, maybe tom can chime in on this.. thanks.. robbie

·
Team CJ460
2,191 Posts
ok the motor is back in all, nice and solid 4 point mount kit, about half the plumbing ,, needs a bunch of seat wood,, it all crumbled as we worked around and on it ,, that is my dads strong area.. he are couple of pics with the crazy pump intake... W.T ....?? i should have been more clear ,,the cover i was talking about was for the boat not just the motor sorry.. thanks for the replys and info.. it is good to know if i break a fin on my surf board i can pull one off my boat.. holy smokes lol
might want to take the motor back out and get a new intake installed especially if this is gonna be your family boat

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it is alive

got it fired up today , i didnt have the camera with me but i will get pics on wednesday.. it ran for 20 or 30 seconds before i shut it down. good oil pressure. sounded ok for not running in i dont know how long. gonna hook it up to some water and let it rip or punch o hole in the block we shall see .. wish me luck

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
spectra

got her fired up with water today, ran pretty well .. couple of the finished product pics:party-smiley-020:i know the xmas lights need to come down from the house but i have been busy with the money pit.. lol

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
seat rebuild +

i have searched and searched and now i am more jacked up than ever.. i need to rebuild my bench seat frames and most of the seats...you can see that the motor box is solid but i need to rebuild the bench seat frame. on the sides the frame has been glassed and matted up about half way then the rot starts. so i will cut it down to the floor and start over. mat up the sides and resin coat on the under side. my ? is, is the poly resin ok or do i need the epoxy? And is it all really a hundred bucks a gallon ? like the west marine 105 stuff?? also i have seen many folks using standard ext. ply wood to rebuild seats. and some that use the marine grade.. if i glass it all ,i would think the standard grade would be fine.. please help i dont wont to do this in 3 years again.. thanks..offshore ginger i think you could help me..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Your boat was built with poly, it's lasted this long. I didn't use marine grade for my seats because I completely glassed them.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I found resin priced a bit lower from tap plastics. I have been using the epoxy to cap my spectra 20 and its working great!

Lots of info over in the fiberglass forum on all this.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts