·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awe eyt here I go again :D
Starting from Scratch

Here are some parts so far for my Go Big Build

I'll have the Engine & Blower Tomorrow :)devil
Bored 60 over. SRP Flat top Pistons, JE Rings, Comp Ultra Gold Roller Rockers.
Big thanks to those out there. My Bro Marqo who Helping me through this whole deal. On the fast track:)hand and the Mechanic Kyle, A youngster that has some smarts. Not to forget my little buddy Howie who's there for entertainment value and a hand:)devil And all the East & West Siders offering up all there help.

A bunch of people behind the scenes here on PB giving some sound advice. I listen to all of you. If I were better off I would of had a new chiller. If this needs one it will get one. New or Used.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Awe eyt here I go again :D
Starting from Scratch

Here are some parts so far for my Go Big Build

I'll have the Engine & Blower Tomorrow :)devil
Bored 60 over. SRP Flat top Pistons, JE Rings, Comp Ultra Gold Roller Rockers.
Big thanks to those out there. My Bro Marqo who Helping me through this whole deal. On the fast track:)hand and the Mechanic Kyle, A youngster that has some smarts. Not to forget my little buddy Howie who's there for entertainment value and a hand:)devil And all the East & West Siders offering up all there help.

A bunch of people behind the scenes here on PB giving some sound advice. I listen to all of you. If I were better off I would of had a new chiller. If this needs one it will get one. New or Used.
STRANGE THING WORKING AND BUILDING YOUR MOTOR ON THE STOVE, BUT IF THAT IS THE CLEANEST PLACE, WHY NOT. LOOKS NICE REAL NICE. TTYT :))THumbsUp

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Today’s update, Picked up the block, got it painted. Picked up the blower. Got to polish her up along with the carbs & specialty parts:D.
The tough part is about to begin.

Before

After

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is this contraption ive never seen one of these, looks like a big alternator are you going hybrid
Naw,,, Drill here Drill now:D Should spin the alt a tad bit faster now:)devil
How was Bartlett?

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Busy day today. Polished up a few parts of the blower
Here’s the mock up. My buddy Howie cleaned all the little stuff. I took the oil pump apart and found a few aluminum shavings. Took the pump apart and got them all out.

Here’s my bro Marqo, Chief Mechanic.

The Build is getting Bigger

All polished up

Should have the heads by Thursday. There is a ton of stuff left. I need most of the gaskets, Need to rebuild the carbs and buy new linkage, install the pully shaft. a mile of Stainless Steel braided line and all the fixens that go withem.
Getting real close

·
Registered
104 Posts
Busy day today. Polished up a few parts of the blower
Here’s the mock up. My buddy Howie cleaned all the little stuff. I took the oil pump apart and found a few aluminum shavings. Took the pump apart and got them all out.

Here’s my bro Marqo, Chief Mechanic.

The Build is getting Bigger

All polished up. TEAM work brings it all together. :):)punch lol.

Should have the heads by Thursday. There is a ton of stuff left. I need most of the gaskets, Need to rebuild the carbs and buy new linkage, install the pully shaft. a mile of Stainless Steel braided line and all the fixens that go withem.
Getting real close
TEAM work brings it all together.:)coffee

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
looking good Jimmy :)...i gotta say tho, that blower set-up is older than u are! lol...i sure hope u dont have any trouble with it!...2" drive & 1/2" pitch pulleys are a thing of the past (old school)...i guess when u get some things "free", u gotta go with it!...i personally wouldnt run too much boost!...remember that blower came off of a SBC back in the day, NOT, a 515 BBC!

FastRat

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll take it easy. Problem is Marqo prolly wont agree with that statement:D Blower is old set up but its brand new. This one hasn't been fired. it was just sitting in the corner of his garage. Marqos been trying to get me to run this blower on the Kachina for years. Free? Wucha mean free. :D Its a loner till I get the 8/71:)devil. I haven't told him the 8 71 is 10 years out:D

Ron, I can always buy different pullies. What cha got in you Pully pile Ron :D Any 1/2 pitch 33 and a 36???

Billy, I know I'm gunna have to modify the hatch:(. I'm sure the carbs will make up for the loss of the scoop. there bad ass.

Its coming along real nice now.

Jake looks like 3 weeks. I need to make a Pump brace and that's about a week out material wise.

·
"It's HONDO, honey"
1,724 Posts
Sweeeet. Marqo, Jimmy, Howie; been putting in the hours. Looks really good.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Ron, I can always buy different pullies. What cha got in you Pulley pile Ron :D Any 1/2 pitch 33 and a 36???
Jimmy...
i dont have any 2" drive stuff...its pretty old & mostly used on some street cars & rods...i think u can shop EBay & find the pullies "cheap"...i'll keep my eye out! :)

FastRat

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Dragparts.com
This is my new Toy Store. Thanks Kyle for the tip. Saved a bunch of money this morning ordering from good Vibrations:)devil

1 - 20 of 537 Posts