Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Old Swimming Hole Has a New Look06/06/2015
0 Comments

The Bekemeyer’s are still out of commission for boat repairs but things are coming along and hopefully we’ll be afloat soon. We did take a land excursion up to beautiful Clermont to check out the new improvements to the lakefront. Clermont is special for us long before we boated there Paul and I enjoyed our first dates and our first family dates. I lived a block from the lake and when our Bree was little we took her there weekend afternoons for swimming.

The swim beach closed many years ago and has just recently reopened with a white sandy beach, playgrounds, picnic areas and a brand new splash park. There’s also an event hall for community functions and rent for group parties.

The splash park is only two dollars but being a Florida girl I’d take my dip in the lake. It was sweet as the sun was going down Thursday afternoon you could see a dozen kids jumping off a dock into the water it was last day of school for Lake County and a fitting end to their day I’m sure.

We had the chance to chat with some employees from the City of Clermont and they filled us in on the new rowing house and club next to the boat ramp. When we journeyed over to the ramp the water was the highest I’d seen it in ten years making it much easier to put boats in and out.

They also shared with us a new park located across the lake on 12th street Lake Hiawatha Reserve. This park will be a nature preserve with a wonderful play area for the kids, two dog parks and opening soon docks that you can boat up to this would be a lovely picnic area. The park is beautifully laid out and we saw the dog parks already in use.

We are so excited to see yet another water front revitalized for wonderful boating and play enjoyment for the public. The city has a Fourth of July fireworks event and we may just check it out via boat. A new waterfront restaurant is scheduled to open Lily’s Waterside we can’t wait to check it out.

If you haven’t checked out Clermont lakeside on Lake Minneola be sure to put it on your summer schedule we love a lake we can swim in!

We are excited for all our summer outings and we know you are too. You might want to consider having your next adventure in boating in the beautiful city of Clermont.

https://www.youtube.com/user/paulbekemeyer

Adventure in Boating. - Boating Blogs

http://www.facebook.com/adventureinboating

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Old Swimming Hole Has a New Look

06/06/2015
0 Comments

The Bekemeyer’s are still out of commission for boat repairs but things are coming along and hopefully we’ll be afloat soon. We did take a land excursion up to beautiful Clermont to check out the new improvements to the lakefront. Clermont is special for us long before we boated there Paul and I enjoyed our first dates and our first family dates. I lived a block from the lake and when our Bree was little we took her there weekend afternoons for swimming.

The swim beach closed many years ago and has just recently reopened with a white sandy beach, playgrounds, picnic areas and a brand new splash park. There’s also an event hall for community functions and rent for group parties.

The splash park is only two dollars but being a Florida girl I’d take my dip in the lake. It was sweet as the sun was going down Thursday afternoon you could see a dozen kids jumping off a dock into the water it was last day of school for Lake County and a fitting end to their day I’m sure.

We had the chance to chat with some employees from the City of Clermont and they filled us in on the new rowing house and club next to the boat ramp. When we journeyed over to the ramp the water was the highest I’d seen it in ten years making it much easier to put boats in and out.

They also shared with us a new park located across the lake on 12th street Lake Hiawatha Reserve. This park will be a nature preserve with a wonderful play area for the kids, two dog parks and opening soon docks that you can boat up to this would be a lovely picnic area. The park is beautifully laid out and we saw the dog parks already in use.

We are so excited to see yet another water front revitalized for wonderful boating and play enjoyment for the public. The city has a Fourth of July fireworks event and we may just check it out via boat. A new waterfront restaurant is scheduled to open Lily’s Waterside we can’t wait to check it out.

If you haven’t checked out Clermont lakeside on Lake Minneola be sure to put it on your summer schedule we love a lake we can swim in!

We are excited for all our summer outings and we know you are too. You might want to consider having your next adventure in boating in the beautiful city of Clermont.

https://www.youtube.com/user/paulbekemeyer

Â*Adventure in Boating. - Boating Blogs

http://www.facebook.com/adventureinboating

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Looks like a neat place to hang . :)

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was pretty excited to see what had been going on in Clermont splash park for the kids, two more restaurants will be opening up close to the boat ramp wow. We don't get that direction to much but might have to try to get out there little more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts