Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Mesa AZ
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that outboard on my boat sounds like 2 midgets with drumsticks trying to beat there way out of a coffee can . SUCKS . I dont really care about being the fastest jet boat . Just the coolest :D:D:D just kidding being fast would be good:)devil:)devil:)devil

·
Registered
280 Posts
I knew that outboard eject button was somewhere. Thank god . Now with the outboard removed we can move on.:)devil It looks so much better
What are you going to do with the strap on? :)bulb

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
Have you decided how far back to set your intake. Congrats on ditching the wacka:)devil

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
put a set of twin 2.5 merc drag motors i guarantee that would smoke a jet
That's what I suggested in a different thread... that boat would be badass with a pair of 2.5's on it. ;)

·
two strokes is enough
2,042 Posts
That's what I suggested in a different thread... that boat would be badass with a pair of 2.5's on it. ;)

very easily break the triple digits as long as you are willing to stay in it through the chine walk that you jet guys are not used to getting. granted you do get a chine walk just not to the extent that we do

·
Mesa AZ
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
chine walking doesnt scare me my hallett did it bad at 85 mph. i just cand deal with a wacker.. The wacker will be for sale now

·
two strokes is enough
2,042 Posts
chine walking doesnt scare me my hallett did it bad at 85 mph. i just cand deal with a wacker.. The wacker will be for sale now
have you seen the videos i put up last week of the chine walk that robdogs does? thats a creepy ass chine walk

what motor is it?

·
Registered
280 Posts
have you seen the videos i put up last week of the chine walk that robdogs does? thats a creepy ass chine walk

what motor is it?
More like a Red retarded dolphin! :|err That prop you let me try out took away most of that! just need to keep messin with it. :)grn

·
Banned
4,599 Posts
very easily break the triple digits as long as you are willing to stay in it through the chine walk that you jet guys are not used to getting.
Every boat I've seen run with twin outboards, once setup correctly, haven't had an ounce of chine in them. The dual engines with props spinning in opposite directions tend to take care of any tendencies to chine.

·
Registered
785 Posts
what size and how many hours.. how much ?
that was a mouth full eah ?

·
two strokes is enough
2,042 Posts
Every boat I've seen run with twin outboards, once setup correctly, haven't had an ounce of chine in them. The dual engines with props spinning in opposite directions tend to take care of any tendencies to chine.

yah but it takes forever to get them set up correctly and not all the twins you see have counter rotating props. but you are correct once set up correctly there isnt chine walking at all just flat out speed for miles!

·
Registered
18 Posts
How you guy's chine walk a tunnel boat? Is that just some of that super trick left coast stuff?:D

2 300 drags will push that boat to 125 easy You ain't gonna ever get a jet to do that and run from one end of the lake to the other at that speed. One the thing doesn't hold enough gas, second the oil in the motor will over heat and sling parts all over the place.

2 outboards would be much easier to set up than redesigning that boat to put a jet in it.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts