Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two weeks ago today my life was turned upside down(maybe "barrel rolled" is a better phrase!). After over 35 years of driving almost every type of 100mph boat there is(no clamp on's!). I CRASHED! I know that the LORD has always been my co-driver through all these years and I thank him for being there. That Thursday, there is no doubt he was with me as well!
I thank you ALL for the prayers, thoughts, cards, phone calls, texts, posts, flowers, gifts and visits. I am totally overwhelmed and blessed beyond measure. I really don't know how to convey my Thanks enough and I hope each of you understand.
With that said, I would like to thank a few specific people who helped Julie and I get through this time.
At the River, after the flip, I could not think of a finer group of men to have there to rescue me. Pat Minegar, his friend Tyson, Tom Farner, Steve Whitney and Jeremiah McCorckle...thanks guys for your quick response to the situation(Tyson swimming out to me in 48degree water before the rescue boat got there was unbelievable!). How I ended up getting up on the dock with a foot/knee that was a 180 degrees out and all my other injuries, was totally in GOD's hands.
In Phoenix, the visits from all my v-drive brothers really helped lift my spirits.
And the Millers! There really are NO words to thank the Millers. Their generosity, support, and Love was/is beyond anything we could have imagined. Bob, Janice, Paul and Buzz...Julie and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
Moving forward, I have a few weeks of recovery ahead of me, but, it feels great to be back home in Carlsbad. I look forward, with all of your help, to the day I'm back on the water doing what it is we all Love.
Thanks again for everything you have all done!
Dave

·
Registered
349 Posts
so glad to hear you're at home and on the mend Dave............. Summer's coming, and
you'll be ready for it.......

--Sherpa

·
Registered
168 Posts
Welcome back home!

Dave:

We are so glad to hear that you are back home! Hope the T-Rex bones mend fast.

Ron and Shari

·
BIG member
1,406 Posts
Congrats on going home!! Heres to a speedy rehab!!!:clapping:

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I am so damn happy your home Dave... I know that the five of us watching from shore where pretty torn up. I am also so grateful for the for those that were there with us.

I feel as though were part of a fraternity now.... sort of blood brothers if you will....

I love you Dave and I thank God every day that it wasnt worse!

Pat Minegar

·
Monstrous
736 Posts
Dave,
So, what have you been up to for the last couple of weeks? Anything new with you? You know, if you didn't want to stay with me in Needles a phone call would have been nice. All this boat wrecking to get out of staying is a bit much.
All my best,
Bob

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
So as i'm loading boats in trailers & trying to get out of

town to head to Needles my phone starts going ballistic. It keeps ringing and ringing. I crawl out from under the trailer and notice that it had been Patrick "R" Minegar calling... I knew. I had told my wife that morning that my gut was telling me this was not going to be a good day. She said " slow down. Take a deep breath & you will be fine. I had to do exactly that when talking to Pat. As many of you know Dave is my other brother. Not blood, but in many ways, stronger. My heart sank. Pat told me Dave was in pretty good spirits but that he was really "jacked up".

Fast forward to Thursday pm. Paul Miller was unbelievable. His calming phone calls letting me/ us know how Dave was doing was a lifeline for all of us. Thank you Paul and your entire family for taking suvh great care of our extended family members. And Tyson. Major stones chief. Great job :)devil

Glad your home my brother. And tell Drake ( Daves son-inlaw) that my offer still stands. The bondo, sandpaper, paint, buffer, whatever he needs is his. Im here to help.. :(:( :)grn

Love ya bro....:)hand

·
Just Me
4,086 Posts
I'm glad you're home and doing better. Now that you're back on the net, I know you're truely on the mend. As you're healing try not to spend too much time on the net, it can become addictive. ;)

·
Dazed and Transfused
2,308 Posts
Glad you're on the mend buddy! :)devil

Not sure how much longer this chicken fried steak was going to keep!

·
Registered
19,891 Posts
Glad to hear your home big guy.......mike & gerri

1 - 20 of 156 Posts