Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I see a lot of these "Not Of This World" stickers on cars. What exactly does this mean? Are they aliens and if so, what world are they from? Should we be worried? The illegals cost us enough as it is, we don't need a bunch of martians living off the government dole too!

Oh, and what's with the big Monster M stickers too? Why do people put those stickers on their cars/trucks? Some are so big they go over the edge of the windows. Are they that proud that they drink an energy drink or do they win something if they are spotted or something?

Then there is the grenade sticker. What the hell is that supposed to mean? Do they work in ordinance?

-CPG (notoriously un-hip)

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I didn't know what NOTW was either and always wondered so I just googled it. I though it was a band but it's a line of Christian clothing, music, jewelry, and accessories.

I would like to know that the grenade is about also.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
They are Christians. Not of this world is supposed to mean that that they are not of this "sinful world".

I think the stickers are absolutly gay.

the grenade is a snowboarding clothing line.

·
Nine pieces of Eight
1,377 Posts
They are Christians. Not of this world is supposed to mean that that they are not of this "sinful world".

It is kind of a goofy sticker. I am a believer and I would never place that crap on my vehicle.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts

Then where in the hell do they think they are from and why are they here....lol. Probably more Kent Hovind followers.

·
Large Member
2,150 Posts
Correct. The "world" is supposed to mean the things of this world (drugs, violence, money, greed, etc).
Funny when one is on a 50k Escalade............................

Kinda like the old trend "WWJD" stickers................Well I can tell ya, he wouldn't be driving that Eddie Bauer Expedition that you are

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
It is kind of a goofy sticker. I am a believer and I would never place that crap on my vehicle.
X2 Dumb sticker.

FWITSW,
It a reference to a bible verse, being hated and despised by unbelievers, having a spiritual relationship with God. The "world" hates this.
John 15:19:
"If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you. "

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Funny when one is on a 50k Escalade............................

Kinda like the old trend "WWJD" stickers................Well I can tell ya, he wouldn't be driving that Eddie Bauer Expedition that you are

We Want Jack Daniels? LOL

Ya its pretty dumb. Some Christians somehow believe that if you own expensive nice things that you are materialistic and focused on the things of the world, not God. Its pretty stupid because God wants everyone to live a happy life full of weath and abundance. I think its just something broke Christians choose to believe to use as a crutch or an excuse to why they can't have an Escalade...."God, doesn't want me to own that" is what they'd say. Yea, God would much rather you drive a pinto and live life broke and struggling or a life of mediocrity. Pssh! Get real people.

·
639 Posts
I didn't know what it was for a long time. I thought it was a clothing line until I asked someone who had the sticker.

Like many things in Religion...try not to bring logic into it.

God is not of this world....but God is everything and every being. Man was made in God's likeness, but we cannot fathom what God is.

As a few have said, it represents that God is not of this material world....which he indirectly created by giving us free will. :D

I see the stickers all the time as I live by Revival Church, which used to be Calvary Chapel, Menifee and is flat out huge. I think it is mandated that everyone have a NOTW sticker. They are easy to spot...they are some of the angriest and rudest drivers around. And the more stickers they have, the angrier and ruder they seem to be. :)devil

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay so the NOTW folks are religious wackos. What about the big M Monster stickers? What's that all about? Seems like a 909 thing.

·
639 Posts
Okay so the NOTW folks are religious wackos. What about the big M Monster stickers? What's that all about? Seems like a 909 thing.
Monster Energy Drinks. They sponsor a LOT of stuff, especially extreme type of stuff. So, they either are sponsored, or want to look like they are sponsored, or just think it is cool.

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
They're sponsored! HAHA! :)sphss

Is it just me or is pitching someone else's product by putting stickers on your car while not being paid to do so say "I'm a dumb sheit"?

Or have you ever heard of the guy with the pot/4:20 or budweiser sticker complain about being pulled over often?

It reminds me of the the movie Idiocracy.

·
Nine pieces of Eight
1,377 Posts
We Want Jack Daniels? LOL

Ya its pretty dumb. Some Christians somehow believe that if you own expensive nice things that you are materialistic and focused on the things of the world, not God. Its pretty stupid because God wants everyone to live a happy life full of weath and abundance. I think its just something broke Christians choose to believe to use as a crutch or an excuse to why they can't have an Escalade...."God, doesn't want me to own that" is what they'd say. Yea, God would much rather you drive a pinto and live life broke and struggling or a life of mediocrity. Pssh! Get real people.

Waiting on the Lord....that is the number one "Broke Christian" phrase. Instead of wake up every day and keep your house in order, work hard, etc. I can go on and on.

Not of this World.....Um...Hate to break the news but we all are and that's the problem. Flying a sticker and backing out...saying it's not my fault?

That sticker is a crutch. God dosent live in a box and like Frank said (excellent point) were made in his likeness and we made the world what it is. We have a mess and it needs fixing but it's easier for Christians to say....Hey man...I'm hanging with God because.... I didn't do it.

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Waiting on the Lord....that is the number one "Broke Christian" phrase. Instead of wake up every day and keep your house in order, work hard, etc. I can go on and on.

Not of this World.....Um...Hate to break the news but we all are and that's the problem. Flying a sticker and backing out...saying it's not my fault?

That sticker is a crutch. God dosent live in a box and like Frank said (excellent point) were made in his likeness and we made the world what it is. We have a mess and it needs fixing but it's easier for Christians to say....Hey man...I'm hanging with God because.... I didn't do it.
Amen. Ask a broke Christian what they are doing to get out of their rut and they say "Im just praying, when the Lord is ready he will provide for me". Well thats like starving with a kitchen full of food in your home. God already gave you the tools to build weath. So use them and stop asking God for an alternetive route. These people are just too damn lazy.

Earl Nighngale says it best "you are where you want to be because thats where you want to be, if not you'd do something about it and change your situation". God gave us free will, so why these people believe that God is the only key to their success numbs my mind.

The crutch thing is dead on! They definatly use it as an excuse. Some Christians believe they will be rewarded in heaven anyways so why bother changing the world into a better place.

They Should add these to the Commandments:

Thall Shall Not Be Lazy

Thall Shall Not Be Given Free Handouts

Thall Shall Work For What They Want

Thall Shall Not Make Excuses

Thall Shall Not Keep Bothing God (Praying) For Skills and Capibilities They Already Have. Instead Thank Him For The Gifts You Have.

:)sphss

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Amen. Ask a broke Christian what they are doing to get out of their rut and they say "Im just praying, when the Lord is ready he will provide for me". Well thats like starving with a kitchen full of food in your home. God already gave you the tools to build weath. So use them and stop asking God for an alternetive route. These people are just too damn lazy.

Earl Nighngale says it best "you are where you want to be because thats where you want to be, if not you'd do something about it and change your situation". God gave us free will, so why these people believe that God is the only key to their success numbs my mind.

The crutch thing is dead on! They definatly use it as an excuse. Some Christians believe they will be rewarded in heaven anyways so why bother changing the world into a better place.

They Should add these to the Commandments:

Thall Shall Not Be Lazy

Thall Shall Not Be Given Free Handouts

Thall Shall Work For What They Want

Thall Shall Not Make Excuses

Thall Shall Not Keep Bothing God (Praying) For Skills and Capibilities They Already Have. Instead Thank Him For The Gifts You Have.

:)sphss
That is one of the seven deadly sins....sloth. Pride will also bring you death.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts