Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These videos are from last years Yuma Power Tour. My Dad took his new toy out this weekend & it was the first time my brother (Wes Wise) has ever driven a v-drive at speed like this, so it made perfect sense to ask Steve Rouscher if he wanted to ride shotgun with him on Sunday. I think they liked it!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First time driving a flat. are you sure/ looks damn good to me. very nice.
He's gone well over a 100mph in a jet many times but never in a v-drive. We grew up around fast jets but this is the first time we've had a v-drive in the family. I rode with him that same weekend & it's a totally different feel, it's like riding in porsche rather than a dragster.

Farmer John will be experiencing the same thing soon, hopefully we'll see it at the Performance Boat Regatta???

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
Wondering out loud here, there was a Hondo that had a wood deck put on by Miller a few years back, I think the guy sold it.....kind of wondered if it would pop back up...really liked that boat.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Wondering out loud here, there was a Hondo that had a wood deck put on by Miller a few years back, I think the guy sold it.....kind of wondered if it would pop back up...really liked that boat.

I have been driving a flat for a few years and I still don't look that good. Now my 20 year old son he can drive me under the table, but he drives it most of the time. I stick with my Cp.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This boat was a glass decked Litchfield that my dad owned in the 70's. He found the boat about 9 years ago & had Harlin cut the glass deck off & put on a wood deck on it.

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
This boat was a glass decked Litchfield that my dad owned in the 70's. He found the boat about 9 years ago & had Harlin cut the glass deck off & put on a wood deck on it.
That's a cool story:))THumbsUp...thanks for the comeback.

·
Premium Member
1,771 Posts
I have been driving a flat for a few years and I still don't look that good. Now my 20 year old son he can drive me under the table, but he drives it most of the time. I stick with my Cp.
I will be shoeing my lightweight Canyon soon, hope to look half that good........no camera's that first time:)sphss

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
Steve looks pretty relaxed to me.
I'd need a few drinks in me before I rode with Wes like that..... :))eek:))

Nice post Cams ...

S CP ;)

·
Thunder Pumpkin
84 Posts
Looks very good!!! What gear and prop are you running?
Unfortunately I dont know what gears or prop he is running. I need to learn more about all that stuff but it was fun to drive something different. Totally diifferent feel from the Placecraft

I'd need a few drinks in me before I rode with Wes like that..... :))eek:))

Nice post Cams ...

S CP ;)

Drink Up and the plates will come up!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Hi Bill,
I'm running 22's with a prop I was trying on loan from Dave Sammons..
Runs straight down the line.
Time to pull the plates up a bit more.
Hi Wes, I'm not sure I would put the plates up....at least on the river. With all the rocker that the Litch's have and the fact that your having your kids driving it, I would keep it nice and safe for river duty. Now on the track, I would be tempted to let it fly. I know your the expert and know those Litch's love to show that center fin! It's just scary when your a father sitting on the side of the beach.

However, I think I might try some 18's with a clutch to get it to wheelie out of the hole! lol It sounds like you could run a mile and the RPM's would keep going up.

By the way, that thing is gorgeous! Congradulations!

So how is the lower river these days? Are mosquito's still a problem? I'm still going to McIntyre and Parker, but living in SD, I sure would love to shorten that commute.

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
So how is the lower river these days? Are mosquito's still a problem? I'm still going to McIntyre and Parker, but living in SD, I sure would love to shorten that commute.
They're horrible ... stay away. didn't you read about the malaria outbreak and the Yellow fever down here ? ... stay away.

S CP

·
Registered
123 Posts
Darkside Litchfield

Hi Wes, I'm not sure I would put the plates up....at least on the river. With all the rocker that the Litch's have and the fact that your having your kids driving it, I would keep it nice and safe for river duty. Now on the track, I would be tempted to let it fly. I know your the expert and know those Litch's love to show that center fin! It's just scary when your a father sitting on the side of the beach.

However, I think I might try some 18's with a clutch to get it to wheelie out of the hole! lol It sounds like you could run a mile and the RPM's would keep going up.

By the way, that thing is gorgeous! Congradulations!

Yes I still have some R & R to do , however my son's driving talents far exceed mine. He handles a much faster Placecraft very well.
I am going to put some 18"s in as soon as I can locate a set to try.
Thanks for the nice words on the boat.
As far as the Lower River goes SleeperCP forgot to mention the alligators, snakes, and lack of any water over 6 inches in depth.
It truly is terrible down there but it"s our little piece of paradise.
You really should give it a try again just don"t bring the upper river crowds with you.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Yes I still have some R & R to do , however my son's driving talents far exceed mine. He handles a much faster Placecraft very well.
I am going to put some 18"s in as soon as I can locate a set to try.
Thanks for the nice words on the boat.
As far as the Lower River goes SleeperCP forgot to mention the alligators, snakes, and lack of any water over 6 inches in depth.
It truly is terrible down there but it"s our little piece of paradise.
You really should give it a try again just don"t bring the upper river crowds with you.
Don't worry, none of my upper river crowd will come down that far. Almost all of my friends refuse to go anywhere except McIntyre. In fact, once I learn the river in that area, you would only see me going out in the morning and coming back in at the end of the day providing the water levels allow it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts