Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says im thinking about buying a race boat lookin for advice on what to get Im leaning towards a shovlenose I want something cool fast and loud

·
Registered
542 Posts
As the title says im thinking about buying a race boat lookin for advice on what to get Im leaning towards a shovlenose I want something cool fast and loud
Well since you're in the jet boat section I assume you want a jet. What's next, hmmm

I would start with how much cash you got. Most race boats if not all that are truly fast and loud are cool. So the cool part is taken care of. You wanna go straight or run hard through what ever water happens to be in front of you. Don't know much about shovel nose boats, but I'm guessing straight. Need lots more info about what's going on in your head to help.

Lot's of good boats in here, look around :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
Not sure what class you wonna run but a Gullwing is a great place to start ;)

·
The member
3,244 Posts
Do yourself a favor and buy a nice CP ..........UNLESS of course your man enough for a v drive......:wink2::wink2::wink2::bangmyhead::bangmyhead:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Lmfao, layinsod man!
Maybe if you push on your butt cheeks real hard and pull your head outta your ass you would be able to see for buying a complete deal to run 10s or 9s is very possible. There were like 4 or 5 guys on my thread that offered 10 or 9 sec boats for under 17k:shhh:

·
Distinguished Member
5,772 Posts
I have a jet now but I just want faster id like to run 9 or 10 sec class
For $17k you can do a 10 second jet or 9 second flat/hydro pretty easy. Take your time looking and you'll find plenty of boats.

Who made a shovel nose jet?
Man, that wouldn't that be special!!

If you're looking for just a race boat that see's little or no lake action, a good v-drive hydro is the cheapest way to go fast. Personally, I like flats but they take a bit more work to set up right and experience to drive consistently in a race application, but are good for dual purpose hot rod (lake/race). Jets have fewer moving parts than a v-drive, really easy to drive, can have a bit more room in the cockpit, have reverse, but are typically slower with the same HP as a v-drive..... Any one of them can be cool, fast and loud!! Good luck!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts