Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am looking at a shovelnose, and was wondering about the gears, i know i need to change them to a different size, the engine that was in it had 1200 hp, now the guy has 700 hp in it, what gears would i need to run a 500 hp? will 4-500 hp engine work in a shovelnose? . btw it is a 1975 sanger shovelnose two seater, with outboard steering. thank MAGOO...

·
Registered
271 Posts
18s would be a great start, some guys want their motor to turn 8000 and some want as low as 5000 , thats why everybody like somethin a tad different.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay, how hard is it to change gears out? cause it has 40 lightened gears in it right now.

·
Registered
20,026 Posts
oh magoo you done it again..............................

·
Registered
258 Posts
Looks like a turd to me , If I were you I would be looking for a nice flatty :)bulb I know where you might find one :)hand

JK , nice looking ride , I hope the deal goes well for you .

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
btw i bought the sanger yesterday' in the process of putting it together. how much oil does the casale need in it?

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
There is a pipe plug lower right side, fill till oil comes out, about a pint. Fill hole is on the otherside toward the top. Use a good syn. Royal Purple etc.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
HEYYY, I KNOW THAT BOAT:D i've been well over 130 in it within a 1000ft:)grn i told you to put some 18's in it, ya think i don't know the boat or something?????:D shit, that muthaphucka was a family member for a decade;)

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
thanks, i will see what size prop is on it.
its got a vdrive prop on it, it done better with that in the 1000ft where we raced at than with a hydro clever. it gets on the vdrive prop plenty, no need for a clever imo

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks tom i am gonna switch the gears, but i want to run it atleast one time before i pull the gearbox apart, it looks too kool to not run it, although i need to find some v-drive headers at some point and get rid of these jetboat twisties. i will post pics when i get a chance

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
thanks tom i am gonna switch the gears, but i want to run it atleast one time before i pull the gearbox apart, it looks too kool to not run it, although i need to find some v-drive headers at some point and get rid of these jetboat twisties. i will post pics when i get a chance
billy's still got the cobra vdrive headers from that hydro:)bulb beaverfab otta exchance gears with ya no problem, hit him up:)bulb

Attachments

1 - 20 of 79 Posts