Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the midst of building my N/A boat motor and wanted to see what ya'll would run for a cam if a blower were to be added. I have a forged bottom end at 9 to 1 with a set of 990 chevy Square port heads. How much boost and with what kind of cam would you all suggest to run with this setup? Or do you need more information?

~Brian

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
I am in the midst of building my N/A boat motor and wanted to see what ya'll would run for a cam if a blower were to be added. I have a forged bottom end at 9 to 1 with a set of 990 chevy Square port heads. How much boost and with what kind of cam would you all suggest to run with this setup? Or do you need more information?

~Brian
9:1 static? Pump gas? 2 pounds boost.

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
Mine Is 9.1to1 With 6lbs Boost On Pump Gas.. Mopar Might Be Diff. Than Chevy

I fired that number off without doing my homework. 9:1 is pretty stout but at 6 pounds, you're still in pump gas range at a final 12.7:1.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
So can you guys run a (pump gas) n/a motor at 12.7 to 1 also? I'm not tryin to be a smart ass ,I just don't get it.

·
"It's HONDO, honey"
1,724 Posts
So can you guys run a (pump gas) n/a motor at 12.7 to 1 also? I'm not tryin to be a smart ass ,I just don't get it.
I'll say this my fords a 13.8 to one N/A tunnel ram. It ..........runs........... on 91 fine when you kill it every once in a while you get a little dieseling, but but but It really likes 110 leaded from Love's and I know it's easier on the engine.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Isn't a stock 496HO 9.1 comp. They run those at 6psi with an intercooler. The motors in my boat are 7.5 comp, and I run 10PSI with intercoolers, on
91 OCT.

·
"It's HONDO, honey"
1,724 Posts
if your buildin it for gas with a blower build it below 8 to 1 static comp and you should be ok.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts