1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Thats awesome

·
R.I.P. Dakota
255 Posts
He makes a good point. If you can't speak English then you can't read the sign. And if you can read the sign why would you be offended?
Good for him. My mom immigrated here from Sweden and she learned to speak English. Why shouldn't everyone who comes here do the same?:|err

·
Registered
974 Posts
If you take your english speaking white ass to a non white non english speaking country they don't give a fuk about you, but we will cater to the non english speakers so why would they want to learn our language.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
He makes a good point. If you can't speak English then you can't read the sign. And if you can read the sign why would you be offended?
Good for him. My mom immigrated here from Sweden and she learned to speak English. Why shouldn't everyone who comes here do the same?:|err

Because common sense really isn't all that commonplace.

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
They should.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
That was good...............we're planning a trip up there next month just for a cheese steak, I'll shake Joe Vento's hand if I see him.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
The biggest joke is our DRIVERS LICENSE test is given in some 10 different languages or some s hit like that. I have yet to see a single traffic sign that isn't in English. Go figure. I ask the people at the DMV counter everytime I get my license renewed, the response is always something to the effect of:

"The important things "like a stop sign and traffic signals" are the same shapes and colors, so they don't necessarily have to speak the language to drive here."

Nice. Great. Thanks for your help.

The script from Pulp Fiction and Samuel Jackson always comes to mind,

"English motherphucker, do you speak it!!!"

Brian

·
Premium Member
5,488 Posts
That was good...............we're planning a trip up there next month just for a cheese steak, I'll shake Joe Vento's hand if I see him.
MikeT and I will be across the street at Pat's the home of the original Philly steak!.:)sphss
Damn...think I'll run in town and get me one, or two:)devil

·
Administrator
11,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
On a sort of related PC topic I saw that the City of Claremont had a "Spring Egg Hunt" this year. I imagine hundreds of kids showed up with their "Spring Egg Baskets" to participate.

I guess Easter now falls into the same category as Christmas, The Pledge of Allegiance, and so on.

"Spring Egg Day". Where the fock does it stop?

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
MikeT and I will be across the street at Pat's the home of the original Philly steak!.:)sphss
Damn...think I'll run in town and get me one, or two:)devil
A few of us down in MD. talked about a rode trip up that way..........I'll let you know when.:)bulb

1 - 17 of 17 Posts