Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Colts fan & Stoker owner
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0709/25083.html

Of all the statistics pouring into the White House every day, top economic adviser Larry Summers highlighted one Friday to make his case that the economic free-fall has ended.

The number of people searching for the term “economic depression” on Google is down to normal levels, Summers said.

Searches for the term were up four-fold when the recession deepened in the earlier part of the year, and the recent shift goes to show consumer confidence is higher, Summers told the Peterson Institute for International Economics.

Summers continued the administration’s push-back against critics of President Barack Obama’s handling of the recession, defending the economic stimulus package against Republicans who have tried to paint the program as a failure because it hasn’t stemmed the unemployment rate.

“We pledged at the time the Recovery Act became law that some of the spending and tax effects would begin almost immediately.,” Summers said in prepared remarks. “We also noted that the impact of the Recovery Act would build up over time, peaking during 2010 with about 70 percent of the total stimulus provided in the first 18 months. Now, five months after the passage, we are on track to meet that timeline. “

Summers rattled off a list of accomplishments of the stimulus package:

“More than $43 billion in immediate tax relief has reached households and businesses. Another $64 billion has been channeled into the economy through aid to state and local governments, expansions in social programs, and spending on education, housing, and transportation projects. In addition to the amount that has already been paid out, another $120 billion in spending has been obligated by the federal government and is on track to begin working its way into the economy.”

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
What a crock of xxit! Unemployment is up, again. No surprise. The stimulus plan is working? How is that, considering 80% + hasn't even been released. Has this tool seen the CA financial situation? And there not the only state in that scenario.

I started this post getting mad, but now I'm laughing. This Administration and his cast of clowns are about as usefull as a turd in a punch bowl.

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
Closer to 92% of the Spendulus Plan, has not been spent yet, just FYI. :)

The economy is better becasue of a lack of google searches. OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
Should I stir up the Open Forum? ;)

Thread title: The corner has been turned!! HOORAY!!!!

Thread text:
Just thought everyone should know, we have now reached the bottom of the recession, and everything is about to come up roses.

I'm so happy now..................................

The proof is obvious. to quote my highly placed source from inside the government:
The number of people searching for the term “economic depression” on Google is down to normal levels.
Searches for the term were up four-fold when the recession deepened in the earlier part of the year, and the recent shift goes to show consumer confidence is higher.

No politics, no names mentioned, no references to animals, just wanted everyone to FEEL better now. ;)
Yes, I did mention governemt, but had to, to insure everyone knew I used a credible source.

Ya-all care to play? ;)

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Homeless

Has it dawned on these assclowns that there are very few homeless people using algore's internet from their cars?.....Fewer searches = fewer people with computer access, and/or more people just giving up on any recovery in time to help them from total destruction..........I imagine ISP fees are some of the first to go un paid while trying to survive. Maybe a search about how many ISP customers have been closed down due to non payment.......Ray

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
The searches are down because virtually EVERYONE now knows what it means.:|err

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hurricane searches have been down lately.. I'm glad nobody has to worry about those darn things anymore. :)sphss

·
Temporarily Pacified!
5,554 Posts
Most of the central valley of CA......20+% unemployment......yep it's working......Google searches down maybe from house repossession and loss of property? People cutting back on unnecessary expenses? Liberals not caring? something?

Nothing could be of common sense for this administration. See:
"We’re going to go bankrupt as a nation … Now, people when I say that look at me and say, ‘What are you talking about, Joe? You’re telling me we have to go spend money to keep from going bankrupt?’ The answer is yes, that’s what I’m telling you." Biden

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
So I guess unemployment going past 8% was exactly what was going to happen also. Funny how the fact that O said we had to pass the Stim Bill imedeatly to keep unemploment from going to 8%. Now it's 9.5% and experts predicting it to go to 13%. He also said the majority of the money was going to be spent immediatly on shovel ready jobs for infrastructure. Anybody have any major road,bridge or any other infrastructure jobs going on in thier city that wasn't going on before the stimulus was passed? I didn't think so.

We had dinner tonight with a large part of our family. I have an uncle that I would swear was Ultra except he doesn't live in Cali and doesn't own a boat. Numberous times durring the general campaign he stormed out of my parents house walking home, only to have my aunt go after him. But tonight you had to ask him to speak up because he was speaking so softly when we asked him how he thought ol' O was doing. He couldn't defend s%^t without looking at his feet and mumbling. Dumb ass lib's even when they know they are dead wrong they let thier "Democratic Pride" get in thier way of making rational decisions.:)sphss

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
So I guess unemployment going past 8% was exactly what was going to happen also. Funny how the fact that O said we had to pass the Stim Bill imedeatly to keep unemploment from going to 8%. Now it's 9.5% and experts predicting it to go to 13%. He also said the majority of the money was going to be spent immediatly on shovel ready jobs for infrastructure. Anybody have any major road,bridge or any other infrastructure jobs going on in thier city that wasn't going on before the stimulus was passed? I didn't think so.

We had dinner tonight with a large part of our family. I have an uncle that I would swear was Ultra except he doesn't live in Cali and doesn't own a boat. Numberous times durring the general campaign he stormed out of my parents house walking home, only to have my aunt go after him. But tonight you had to ask him to speak up because he was speaking so softly when we asked him how he thought ol' O was doing. He couldn't defend s%^t without looking at his feet and mumbling. Dumb ass lib's even when they know they are dead wrong they let thier "Democratic Pride" get in thier way of making rational decisions.:)sphss
Thats a sensitive situation. There are many people that voted for o that aren't happy with their choice. One of the best things you can do is not rub their nose in it. Instead coax them into expressing their displeasure. If you do the whole route of rubbing their nose in it, you won't accomplish anything. This whole situation in our country right now should not be condensed to a he said she said gotcha kind of a scenario. Now is a really good time to get people to do some introspective type searching and help them find what truely matters. This xhit has nothing to do with parties, but whats best for us and our children, and the future of the USA. Escuse my bad grammar and sentence structure, I've been enjoying some of the USA's finest bourbon!

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Told you so.......

Thats a sensitive situation. There are many people that voted for o that aren't happy with their choice. One of the best things you can do is not rub their nose in it. Instead coax them into expressing their displeasure. If you do the whole route of rubbing their nose in it, you won't accomplish anything. This whole situation in our country right now should not be condensed to a he said she said gotcha kind of a scenario. Now is a really good time to get people to do some introspective type searching and help them find what truely matters. This xhit has nothing to do with parties, but whats best for us and our children, and the future of the USA. Escuse my bad grammar and sentence structure, I've been enjoying some of the USA's finest bourbon!
While I agree wholeheartedly, the urge to scream "I TOLD YOU SO", is a hard impulse to refrain from.... Just yesterday I ran into an O supporter during the campaign, whom sadly, is now unemployed from a 6 figure job. He started the conversation with "What the hell is the gov't doing to us". We spoke of O, paloser, raid, the demo controlled houses, prices at the pump, etc etc.....I did refrain, quite difficultly, from the I told you so message and asked what he thought the answers to this country's problem are. I never expected to hear him say it, but he NOW feels O is ruining the country, and we need him out of office ASAP. He never actually said he screwed the pooch by encouraging others to vote for O, but I know, he knows, he did.. A sad deal for sure...........But at least he realizes the mistake....How many other O voters are now realizing the error of their ways?....Ray

·
Administrator
11,647 Posts
This Administration and his cast of clowns are about as usefull as a turd in a punch bowl.
Very well stated.

The searches are down because virtually EVERYONE now knows what it means.:|err
There's the answer. The government is too lame to figure out the obvious though. Not only does everyone know what it means, many are now living it.

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
I thought it was above %90, just didn't want to mispeak about the number. Thanks for the fyi.
Late last week (Like Fri on the way home) heard the number was aprox. 7% spent so far.

I'll cushion it for accuracy, exactness is unimportant, but, the important part is that virtually none has been spent (as you noted), and, this is after "It had to be passed RIGHT NOW, without debate, or the world will colapse", and, now, nothing has been spent (nearly), and, it is not working (not that it would even if it HAD all been spent.

The most important part IMO is the continuing display of the lies and hipocrisy of this administration, "the most TRANSPARENT administration in recent history".
Bullcrap.

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
And they are talking of a SECCOND Stealfromus bill/package. :(

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
We never rubbed his nose in it. Just asked a few simple questions that could not be answered without asking him to speak up because we couldn't hear him. He know's he screwed the pooch, I don't have to remind him.

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Nothing could be of common sense for this administration. See:

"We’re going to go bankrupt as a nation … Now, people when I say that look at me and say, ‘What are you talking about, Joe? You’re telling me we have to go spend money to keep from going bankrupt?’ The answer is yes, that’s what I’m telling you." Biden

Oh, that's just Joe.... :)sphss

1 - 17 of 17 Posts