Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
That is 1 damn good lookin boat !!

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Nice paint! Not to many graphic jobs look good standing on
their ear:wink2:

Rounded keel? I read someplace that wasn't the hot tip? just askin..for sure i don't know......

I am a bit confused...a forklift, 3 people..and mattress just to flip it over? I did mine like this...the first time.

Took a lot of lumber and i needed some for another project so i removed ever piece that didn't look like a hydro roller over holder and i ended up with this IMG_0003.jpg
Wrap a couple bath towels around the end of the sponsons and slide the holder on..that rod is not the one i use...It hooks to the bow eye and a pair of vice grips to keep the bracket from sliding forward and the stern isn't much more than 3/4 thick motorcycle axle stuck through the drain hole and clamped on the blast plate. The back hangs off the roof trusses and the bow hangs on a free standing pedestal made with 4x4's..it will hang with just pulling the motor..tanks and casale can stay in...no cracks..yet although i did lay in 2 layers of cloth in all the corners because they do tend to crack in a few places.

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts
Mike - What is the objective with doing this jet work? Straightening out the water flow into the intake? See you in a few weeks at Elsinore!

·
"BEER BUDGET RACING"
3,621 Posts
Man you guys get down. Just looking at your keel and mines going the complete oppesite direction. Lol guess thats why im slow. Any chance of getting some better pics of that bottom work ??? :D

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
I know the Aggressor intake is a bit concaved where the loader sits. Is the fix involve a tapered spacer, epoxied in place, followed by new radius contour build up of the intake?

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Our friendly neighborhood rocket scientist Mr. Bennett came by to tweak the bottom of my boat. Its comming out good and looks to be a step in the right direction.
That keel appears to be a little larger-deeper than what I think I have usually seen on one of Bennetts bottoms, appears to be simular to the keel from Ervan at pheonix. Trying to load a little harder ? :hmmm: Heres Ervans keel
Phoenix Photo Gallery
another
Phoenix Photo Gallery

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mike - What is the objective with doing this jet work? Straightening out the water flow into the intake? See you in a few weeks at Elsinore!
Ive been fighting an overcharge condition for awhile now. Tried closing off the opening with different shoes and its worked to a certain degree. In smooth water the boat will go about 700 ft before overcharging. In rough water it happens even sooner. This should reduce the volume of water in the intake, which in theory will keep the boat from being pushed up off the water. Ill find out at Elsinore. See you there!

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Man you guys get down. Just looking at your keel and mines going the complete oppesite direction. Lol guess thats why im slow. Any chance of getting some better pics of that bottom work ??? :D
I actually didn't take any other pics. The changes happened while I was out of the shop and when i got back we flipped the boat back over. The loader is installed now and it would be difficult to show off what the change was. The intake looks stock but with a lower roof.

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That keel appears to be a little larger-deeper than what I think I have usually seen on one of Bennetts bottoms, appears to be simular to the keel from Ervan at pheonix. Trying to load a little harder ? :hmmm: Heres Ervans keel
Phoenix Photo Gallery
another
Phoenix Photo Gallery
Tom Papp put the keel on my boat in '05. It worked great with the 870 lb blown motor i was running. When i went to aluminum single carb deal the bottom wouldnt work. I could literally watch the tach climb as the boat ran down track. Bennett reshaped the entry and bam! more inlet pressure that i knew what to do with. Ive been fighting it ever since. Its a rocket for the first few hundred feet and then the overcharge pushes it straight up off the water and it unhooks. Feels like Im driving over speed bumps. This should fix that problem.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts