Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if thoroughbred v-drives came with a shift housing on the right side? My Howard is a 64 with steering on the r-side and my box is a 12 degree, it sure would make it easier to shift in and out with it on my side. Any info would be great, I have seen a casale with one, just wondering.:)

·
Registered
271 Posts
on the casale ive done that before and just turned the housing 180 degrees, just having to redrill a few holes on some models, fliped the handel and quad over and wala, i did that for some aussie guys, there always different? lol are ya sure ya cant do that to yours? just askin. hope that helped ya.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if I can, I will take a closer look and see, I thought maybe they actually made a housing that way, but thanks for the info.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Steve McElroy

Look for Steve Mc Elroy in the Orange County area of Cal. Someone here may have his number. Steve worked for Aeromarine back in the heyday of v drive development, and sold Aeromarine V drives all over the boating world. If any one would know, it would be him...............Ray

PS: He also has some parts and gears for the Aeromarine v drives......

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Steve McElroy 714 903-1553

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts
Does anyone know if thoroughbred v-drives came with a shift housing on the right side? My Howard is a 64 with steering on the r-side and my box is a 12 degree, it sure would make it easier to shift in and out with it on my side. Any info would be great, I have seen a casale with one, just wondering.:)
Dunno...I got three T-Bred v-drive boxes myself; all LH in/out.

LO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts