Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man what do I have to do to stop seeing these? They about ruin my mood everytime I see one. Then I send em $$$$ and get things in the mail with pics of beaten dogs etc. So sad, I would not be able to work as a rescue worker I would murder 90% of the shitty owners

·
Never Enough
972 Posts
Man what do I have to do to stop seeing these?
DVR your show and fast forward through the commercials.:)bulb

I've seen them and yes,me and the wife are animal lovers.

We just inherited this Himalayan cat

that decided to camp out at our front door for a week or so. Felt sorry for it,gave it some food and water,took it to our vet to see if it was chipped,it wasn't...looking like we have a new addition to the family.

·
Banned
15 Posts
Man what do I have to do to stop seeing these? They about ruin my mood everytime I see one. Then I send em $$$$ and get things in the mail with pics of beaten dogs etc. So sad, I would not be able to work as a rescue worker I would murder 90% of the shitty owners
I agree that they are tough to watch, and then they throw in Sarah McLachlan music and the tears start flowing. BTW I donate a lot of time and money to the spca.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
I agree that they are tough to watch, and then they throw in Sarah McLachlan music and the tears start flowing. BTW I donate a lot of time and money to the spca.
I'm with you but those commercials do have the desired effect! That's what made me do my monthly donation. I love animals and HATE seeing all the suffering that those totally innocent animals go through. Unfortunately because of my living situation I cannot have any pets and that's another reason that I give to the ASPCA, I just wish I could give more.

I also agree you Blue, I couldn't be a rescue worker either :|err

·
Banned
4,957 Posts
To keep yourself from getting sucked in, everytime you see that commercial, whistle for your dog to come over, and kick it! Then proceed to yell at him and remind him that he doesn't know how good he has it and that he should be thankful. Any animal on that commercial would be glad to trade places.

J/k, of course. ;)

·
Slum Lord
2,854 Posts
Its easy to tug on the heart-strings when it comes to our pets

·
The Man
1,788 Posts
Yea I have almost gotten misty-eyed a couple of times over those. My little 3 year old daughter gets so sad when those come on because the animals look so unhappy...I need to start donating to the spca..always meant to..if I ever hit the lotto though I'd seriously hook them up with some $$.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts